We had friends over last night for game and dessert. We had a blast! One of the games we played was CatchPhrase. If you've never played before, it's a MUST next time you're with friends!

Did you know that God teaches His Truth through anything and everything...even CatchPhrase? During the game, one of my friends says, "I know the answer isn't right, but I keep yelling it louder.  Why do I think that yelling it louder will make it right?"

Absurd, isn't it? Don't you hear the media...the more wrong they are, the louder and more obnoxious they get in their "reporting." But I can't really pick on them. I've even found myself doing that...and not just in games. What about when I choose to go my own way, knowing I'm wrong but fighting that I'm right? The more I know I'm wrong, the louder I get and harder I fight. Absurd, isn't it?

"There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death." God knows that, and that is why He says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." ~ Proverbs 14:12 and 3:5-6 

From the Heart,
Emily of Redeeming Beauty
p.s. all eyeshadows are all sale right now :)

Comments (8)

On August 13, 2012 at 11:21 AM , the butlers pottery said...

This is so true. What an interesting perspective. God always wants us to trust him but how easy it is to lean on the lies as they are louder. Thank you for sharing Emily.

 
On August 13, 2012 at 11:26 AM , Recovered Fundie said...

This is so true. People do all sorts of "absurd" things when they are running from God.

 
On August 13, 2012 at 1:20 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Thank you for explaining this in such an interesting way.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On August 13, 2012 at 7:20 PM , Cynthia said...

Amen, Emily! If we have to scream and yell that we are right, there is definitely something wrong. For, the Lord is capable of shining His Light on us, if we are right, for all to see--no need to yell. Great post! Blessings!

 
On August 14, 2012 at 9:07 AM , Loretta said...

This is a great practical application of God's Word.

 
On August 14, 2012 at 10:29 AM , SHEILA said...

Emily, thanks for sharing this-so true!

 
On August 15, 2012 at 11:00 AM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

You are so right! ***speaking in a soft voice***

 
On August 17, 2012 at 1:10 AM , Laura Rhodes said...

Amen and thanks for sharing! A soft answer turns away wrath. Laura