My grandson, Cole, who just turned 19 on May 31, is going on a journey with two of his friends this Tuesday.
They are driving from New Jersey to Tennessee to partake in a huge rock concert called Bonnaroo 2012  which has been done every year at this time for the past 11 years.  I am praying that by now the people who are running this know what to expect and are dealing with all the aspects.
Some of the star players will be The Beach Boys, Kenny Rogers, Santana, Paul McCartney and tons more.
He is obviously over the moon excited about this while his mom, my daughter, Jenifer and I are knowing that the moment they leave the driveway we will be fervently praying for their safety and asking God for those "Bumper Angels".


COLE


Psalm 5:11
But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. 

Psalm 40:11
Do not withhold your mercy from me, LORD; may your love and faithfulness always protect me.

The LORD protects the unwary; when I was brought low, he saved me.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/95518047/bookmarkhandmade-bookmarki-told-my



Proverbs 2:8

For he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones.



Proverbs 2:11

Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you.


http://www.etsy.com/listing/92454793/spring-time-cardinal-5-x-7-print-black





Proverbs 4:6

Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you.




http://www.etsy.com/listing/51525441/psalm-91-angel-wings-hodge-podge-10-x-10

PSALM 91:4
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.


Sue Anderson













Comments (11)

On June 3, 2012 at 12:25 AM , The REAL EverSewSweet said...

Sue, I'll be praying. You worry like a Grandma!

 
On June 3, 2012 at 10:18 AM , Unknown said...

Great scriptures about relying on the Lord for protection for ourselves and our children. I will be praying!

 
On June 3, 2012 at 11:57 AM , Julia Badgley said...

Praying for a safe trip for him.

 
On June 3, 2012 at 1:02 PM , pfd said...

Praying... I know the feeling. I love the verses you chose. They are so perfect and also the pics from the shops are great.

 
On June 3, 2012 at 1:33 PM , Anonymous said...

I pray Cole and his friends will be safe in all their travels.

 
On June 3, 2012 at 3:28 PM , Cynthia said...

Oh, how these Scriptures touch and soothe the heart! It still amazes me how His Word, moves fears and obstacles from our paths. Oh, the glory of our awesome Jesus! Thank you, for showcasing my bookmark. I try to practice the statement placed upon the bookmark: "I told my storms to move aside because God surrounds me." Many blessings, saints!

 
On June 3, 2012 at 5:14 PM , Lorrie said...

I understand your concerns Sue. Praying not only for a safe trip but wisdom and discernment for your grandson. He will surely be covered in prayer. Nice scripture selections too :-)

 
On June 3, 2012 at 6:50 PM , SHEILA said...

Awww Sue, I can feel your concern through this post. But also your faith that God will watch over him. Will be praying they stay safe :)

 
On June 4, 2012 at 2:52 PM , Becky K. said...

Cole is so handsome! Praying that he has a safe and wonderful trip. Also praying that you don't stress yourself about it. I am very familiar with the worry that comes with our young people doing things without us.

 
On June 4, 2012 at 3:48 PM , sammysgrammy said...

I've been there too, Sue. I am of two minds about these situations. I wish I didn't have to live through them while, on the other hand, I am hanging to tight onto Jesus at those times and I just love being so close to him and miss him when we're through it and on the other side.

Not that he's not always there - but I am so aware of him when I am pressing in so close to him......

 
On June 5, 2012 at 9:49 AM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

Praying for a safe trip for Cole and his friends. What a great photo of him....very handsome young man. :)