http://www.etsy.com/listing/84480887/vintage-1980s-black-bible-gold-edges


Sometimes, the pain we have worked so hard to avoid is the one thing that leads us to where God calls us to go.  Sometimes, feeling our need is the greatest work of faith we can surrender to.


http://www.etsy.com/listing/95610557/scripture-vinyl-wall-decalthe-lord-your


I realize some deep seeded fears and anxieties I’ve been battling to calm for many months cannot simply go away if I pray hard enough, study my Bible more thoroughly or double up my commitment to trust God harder.

It dawned on me — deep in my soul — God was gently speaking straight into me –
 You are in a lot of pain.
Something is broken.
No one can see it, but I know it hurts. I know it is there.
Don’t be afraid to trust me —
– by feeling the pain.
– by feeling need.
It’s easy for me to pray and ask God to help me trust Him, when all I want is the pain or the problem to go away.
But, it feels completely foreign and disorienting to ask God to help me trust Him – so that I can feel needy.  So I can feel the pain.
I am now praying and asking God to walk with me through places I haven’t been before: the journey to feel pain — so that I can find comfort and healing on the way.
This isn’t a journey that I want to go on.
I’m trying to resist it, by trying to solve the problem and be as high functioning as I can.
I can do capable.
I can do faith.
But God is now calling me to experience the mystery of faith. And He’s calling me to it by inviting me to feel pain.

God is offering us hope. He says –
Your faith is still there. I just want you to use it differently.
You haven’t failed. I want you to know that with me — you can.
I haven’t abandoned you…
I am only holding onto you tighter because I know it’s time for you to heal.
It’s time for you to need.
It’s time for you to feel the pain.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/84522624/cross-pendant-hematite-necklace-gold-and



we know what we have – Jesus, this great High Priest
with ready access to God…He’s been through weakness and testing, experienced it all –

So let’s walk right up to him
and get what he is so ready to give.
Take the mercy, accept the help.”
Hebrews 4:14-16

TAKEN FROM IN COURAGE AT  http://www.incourage.me.


http://www.etsy.com/listing/90618881/therapeutic-oil-depression




http://www.etsy.com/listing/59035766/serenity-linen-and-room-spray-stress

http://www.etsy.com/listing/57223685/hot-or-cold-pocket-pouch-helping-hand


http://www.etsy.com/listing/79528087/set-free-scripture-art-print-6x6-bible



Sue Anderson





Comments (11)

On May 24, 2012 at 9:39 PM , Aloquin said...

Wow... I don't know what to say... I have to be honest, but it seems contradictory to the Word. God is love, and while He wants us to trust Him, He doesn't want us to feel pain. He felt the pain FOR us... to deliver us, not put us through. Certainly, there are things we go through, but that's OUR doing. How WE handle things. The Word refers to "the peace which surpasses all understanding"... the whole reason the world is going to want the God we serve is because though we are going through the same things they are, we show love. We are at peace and comforted. God does not want us in pain.

 
On May 24, 2012 at 9:43 PM , BonJeanCreations said...

Thank you Sue. That was very thought provoking.
Sometimes we do need to feel the pain to walk a little closer with Him.

 
On May 24, 2012 at 10:35 PM , Melanie said...

Thanks, Sue... you've really given me alot to think about. It reminds me of the song sung by Amy Grant that talks about how bringing our needs to God and being free with Him about how needy we are for Him is greater than the greatest Hallelujah of praise we may pray to Him. Good thoughts! Thanks!

 
On May 24, 2012 at 11:22 PM , Helen said...

What a beautiful, raw, and true post. Thank you for your thoughts, Sue. Blessings.

 
On May 25, 2012 at 8:21 AM , the butlers pottery said...

Been there done that. I went through a lot of healing from God and yes sometimes it is painful. Spiritual and emotional healing is just like physical healing. Do operations hurt - yes, does chemo hurt -yes, is it painful to put a disinfectant on a sore to heal it - yes. Some times God healing is painful. Just like the bible says God loves us so he disciplines us and that too is painful. Just like any parent God doesn't like it when we have pain, but sometimes we need it.

 
On May 25, 2012 at 2:42 PM , Rafael y Nelly said...

I am touched. We go by trying to deny, hide, numb or push away what hurts, but it is by allowing ourselves to feel, and bring those hurts to our daddy God, that we are truly on the way to healing. Thanks Sue.

 
On May 25, 2012 at 8:17 PM , Luscious Lather said...

Thank you for your post, Sue. I too, feel that God wants to spare us any and all pain and has gone to great lengths to do so...by not sparing His only Son. Whatever you are going through, it will never be too big for Him and He is willing and able to deliver you from any and all things! Thank you also, for featuring my Linen Spray - you are so kind! May God bless you richly!
~Diane

 
On May 26, 2012 at 8:05 AM , sammysgrammy said...

Thank you for sharing..........

 
On May 26, 2012 at 8:25 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Thank you for your wisdom Sue. Great CAST Team items

 
On May 26, 2012 at 6:08 PM , Karla Dornacher said...

Thank you Sue... very well said. You made me think of where Paul said in 2 Cor. Ch. 1... "We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers and sisters, about the troubles we experienced in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired of life itself. Indeed, we felt we had received the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead." Paul definitely experienced some pain... but he says this didn't happen for him to become more self-reliant but in order for him to grow his faith in the God who raised Christ from the dead! That's why he tells us in James 1 that we can count it all joy to go through our trials! Thank you also for including my "Set Free" print in your collection! Blessings and God-hugs... Karla

 
On May 26, 2012 at 6:40 PM , The REAL EverSewSweet said...

Sue, you always write such thoughtfulmposts. Thank you.