http://www.etsy.com/listing/35999737/jeremiah





Jeremiah 29:11

New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/83745124/jeremiah-29-11-coasters-for-i-know-the




I have seen this Scripture countless times. I have read it and understood it and accepted it.  One might believe that is all it would take so I can sit back and just realize that every twist and turn in my life is known by God, so who am I to question it.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/61919207/girls-nursery-room-art-mother-and


It seems that there is one issue in my life that I wonder about.  I have two daughters: Jenifer and my grandsons, Cole and Noah live here with me. Jodi, who is 17 months younger than Jenifer lives in Ohio with her husband of 6 years, Jon. Jodi and I have always had a tumultuous relationship.  I give part of the blame to the fact that I had to go to work and at the age of 3, Jodi became very depressed and eventually became very attached to the babysitter who was a very close friend of our family. To clarify, the babysitter was an adult female friend of mine with 4 teenagers of her own.  So strange that Jenifer stayed close to me but Jodi just became more distant as the years passed and her teen years were very trying.  


http://www.etsy.com/listing/92454043/deer-in-the-field-5-x-7-print-doe-brown


Jodi moved out at the age of 18 and she is now going to be 38.  So, for the past 20 years our relationship has been on and off.  It is not by my choice but somewhere along the line, Jodi has decided that her life is better without me in it and she won't budge.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/78541534/mother-and-daughter-image-bookmark-in


I have been praying. Other people are praying for us.  I have written her numerous letters.  I have acknowledged every holiday with a card and or gift. There is never any response.  I have pleaded with God to soften Jodi's heart.

I just do not understand why God would have this in His plans for me, to be separated from a daughter I love so much.  

Mother's Day is coming - I have not gotten a card from her in 20 years.  Her birthday is in June.  I miss her terribly at this time of year.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/89761235/christian-art-christian-gift-bible


I want to be obedient to God.  I live by His Word.  The Scripture says that He does not want to harm me.  I also believe in His time, not mine.  I just don't want to go to His arms without having some sort of relationship with Jodi. 

http://www.etsy.com/listing/89808711/jeremiah-2911-8x10-diy-pdf-printable


http://www.etsy.com/listing/66448770/mother-daughter-in-woods-print-original


Thank you so much for allowing me to bring this out and I value any and all comments.

Sue Anderson
MySavior.etsy.com

Comments (19)

On April 21, 2012 at 9:35 PM , MarveLes Art Studios said...

One of the hardest things... I am sorry for your pain... My mom has the same kind of relationship with my younger sister... she won't budge either. All I know is this. We get to thank Him in the hard times! As well as in the good ones. He does use it all for His good purpose, and when you dwell in His Land, By His Hands... all things of His are good plans. Praise Him in the storm, and in your lonliness, and your hurting heart. He hears. His promises are TRUE. Give it all to Him and leave it there.
In His LOVE ~

 
On April 21, 2012 at 9:47 PM , Anchor Greetings said...

Sue, thanks for writing this. I'm sad to know you are heart-broken. I pray the Holy Spirit dwells in your daughter and whispers to her soul. May she one day return your love, and may peace be in your family.

 
On April 21, 2012 at 10:06 PM , pfd said...

Sue,
I cannot imagine how painful it is. Maybe that is why God has blessed you with the other daughter and grandkids being so close. I know we all want to give you soothing words... But only God can speak to the depths of your soul. I pray that His healing hand would be on you and especially on Jodi.

 
On April 21, 2012 at 10:15 PM , Julia Badgley said...

Oh Sue. That really hurts. Praying for you now.
Love Julia

 
On April 21, 2012 at 10:17 PM , Kim said...

Oh Sue :( Thank you for sharing your heart with us. I can't imagine how painful this is for you. Jeremiah 29:11 has been my life verse for many years through all my trials and ups and downs. Those words have gotten me through so much. I first off want to let you know what a blessing you have been to me. I am honored to know you. Your love for Jesus and your faithful encouragement to all you meet . . .you are truly a blessing to so many. I will be praying for your realtionship with your daughter that one day God will soften Jodi's heart and bring her back to you. Hugs to you my friend

 
On April 21, 2012 at 10:43 PM , (Ri)Charmed said...

How sad... but God has a way of bringing people back together. Who knows what God is doing in her life.

 
On April 21, 2012 at 10:59 PM , Faith Caroline said...

My heart hurts with you, Sue! It's so hard to trust in His plan when we can't see what will happen and the present doesn't make sense!

 
On April 21, 2012 at 11:00 PM , Cynthia said...

Dearest Sue,
I will keep you and Jodi in my prayers. Although this is not a situation I have experienced, I can feel your heart breaking, as I have two children, also. The Lord knows I have been through my share of problems with both of them and I know there are more problems to come. And, do you know what has gotten me through the worst of times? Fervent prayer and continuously asking Jesus to send His Holy Spirit to heal my mind, heart and soul. I continuously commit my children to His care and I ask that He handle them in the way that He sees fit. Now, this may not sound like a big deal, but for a person who likes "knowing" what is going to happen next, this is a monumental feat. I think to myself, "What if He is too hard on them?" Then, I remember that He loves my children more than I do--more than I can comprehend. So, know the same about your daughter: That He loves her more than you can comprehend. Ask the Lord to send His Holy Spirit to heal her. And, wait, never ceasing in prayer, and give abundant thanks for the daughter that He has placed by your side. Focus on your blessings. And, when your heart begins to ache for your other daughter, ask, again, for Him to send His Holy Spirit to comfort you. I ask for the Holy Spirit all of the time and I am always comforted--even in the middle of the worst storms. Be blessed and continue to reach out with love and an open heart. I will pray for you, every day. ~Cynthia

 
On April 21, 2012 at 11:03 PM , Jennifer Hine said...

Sue, I'm sorry to hear this story! All we can do is listen to that verse you wrote about, and trust that God indeed has a plan for us. We can't see what it is, but it will be good. :)

 
On April 21, 2012 at 11:31 PM , Aloquin said...

I don't know what to say... the pain sounds unbearable. Hear I am, nearly in tears, praying that God send you some peace and happiness into your life and then I realize... you HAVE peace and happiness, in abundance. Cynthia is right, Sue, and we all love you so much. Hearing your story helped me put my own in perspective. I truly wish I had better, more comforting words to say, but God's Words are so much better than mine: "Cast all your cares on Him, for He cares for you".

I will continue to pray for healing in your relationship with Jodi. God is able!

 
On April 22, 2012 at 12:42 AM , Lorrie said...

Dearest Sue,
I can feel your heartache by reading your heartfelt words. I pray that you and your daughter may come to some understanding. I am praying for you friend and agree with all of the comments that others have left. Wish I could reach through the computer and give you a great big hug.

 
On April 22, 2012 at 7:33 AM , Edith of Luvinstitchin4u said...

Will pray for you and your daughter. God never fails and always works for our good,even if we can't understand the pain we go through. Thank you for sharing this beautiful scripture from Jeremiah. It is a good reminder for me as I am dealing with a situation in my life that is very uncertain as to outcome. I know God will work all things out for good.

 
On April 22, 2012 at 8:21 AM , Unknown said...

Sue, My heart aches for you. So difficult! Some things we just can't understand and just need to trust God anyway.

 
On April 22, 2012 at 8:53 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Wish I could give you a great big hug, Sue. You know you have a family here at the CAST team.

 
On April 22, 2012 at 10:20 AM , Rita (SticksNStonesGifts) said...

Sue, praying for God to please bring His healing touch on the relationships in your family. I am thankful that He is ever mindful of us, knows our sorrows and pain, and has a good and perfect holy plan for us. Thank-you for sharing your testimony with us, and the beautiful Truth from God's Word. Love to you ~ Rita

 
On April 22, 2012 at 1:52 PM , sammysgrammy said...

Sue - I am so sorry for the pain this situation is causing in your life. It probably is not possible for us with our finite, limited minds to understand God and His ways. He tells us in Isaiah 55:8-9 that His ways are not our ways, nor His thoughts our thoughts,...as far as the heavens are above the earth, so are His ways higher than ours and His thoughts than our thoughts.
These things we do know: He ONLY does good things, and he causes ALL things to work together for good for those who love Him. Somehow - miraculously - He will bring good out of this situation.

 
On April 22, 2012 at 9:54 PM , SHEILA said...

Sue, The other scripture that comes to mind is
"With God, all things are possible" Matt 19:26
So never stop trying, and never stop hoping that her heart will open to Him, and in turn to you.
Love you dear friend.

 
On April 22, 2012 at 10:15 PM , Lizzi said...

Sue, I remember when you told about this a couple years ago I think...It broke my heart for you then and I couldn't help feeling frustration at her for not understanding how much she was hurting you. You are right that God has a plan for everything, and I believe you just touched a place in every Christian's heart. We all at some time or another (because we are human) doubt that there is a reason for the bad things that happen to us, but God is always looking out for our best interest and know that you have many people who love you deeply.

 
On April 23, 2012 at 12:03 PM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

Oh Sue...send you big hugs. Family can be so difficult and no others can hurt you as deeply. Praying for you and Jodi...keep showering her will your love.