Does it ever seem that one day runs into the next with 
little thought put into them about the future?
Sometimes I get to the end of the week and think about 
how little I got accomplished and realize that precious time
has passed.
Time that cannot be recaptured.

We have a limited amount of days on this earth.
Each one ticks by, 
with increasing speed the older we get.
I remember as a child so often the days would be soooo long
when waiting for some special event to arrive.
After marriage and children time has warped and those 
same 24 hours are gone in a blink.

However, 
Even though it often seems that in the busyness I forget 
to think about what He would have me to do
my Precious Father gets my attention.

This year it was through my Mother-in-Law 
who showed up in my kitchen one afternoon.
She looked me in the eye and pleaded with me to join her
at her ladies Bible Study on Wednesday Mornings.
It's not that she hasn't asked before, 
but there was something different this time.
She literally blushed as she asked.
I could see how important this was to Georgia.

I nodded and told her I would think about it.
"Maybe", I said.
Over the next couple of days that still small voice
kept "nagging" me.

"You really should go."
"Why not take the time to make her happy?"
"Why was it so important to your Mother-in-law?"
"Perhaps there is something there for you....."

Finally, I relented.
First in my own spirit.
Then to Georgia, who was sooo happy.

So, on the first day of the session I walked in the door
trying to decide which of the various study offerings I would
choose to attend.  
This neighborhood ladies study is so large that I had five 
studies to pick from.

I chose Beth Moore's Study called
When Godly People Do Ungodly Things.
In my mind I was thinking that as involved in our church
as I am it might give insight into issues we see there from 
time to time.  I thought perhaps she dealt with restoration
and other such general issues.

Nope!

The point of this study is all about the person working 
through its pages and rooting out sin in your own life.

I now know that I was supposed to attend this particular
study to help me deal with issues that have dogged me most of 
my adult life.
Many years ago I was mistreated by a former boss.
I won't go into details but I was left feeling that I would rather be
"chubby" and "cheerful" 
than "beautifully thin" and "vulnerable".
I felt safer in my extra skin.
A layer of protection.

Now I am learning that God is my protection.
I don't need to hold onto this security blanket of weight.

Man!  I did NOT see this coming.
Not for a second!

Do you ever hear His still small voice
speaking to you?
Do you take the time to listen?
I wonder what amazing things He has for you?
Is He ready to set you free from some chains that you didn't 
even know held you bound?

I would encourage you to listen.
To seek His face.
He is good!

He loves you.
He's got plans for YOU.
Enjoy!!
They are soooo sweet.

A much quoted verse really does say 
it well....


The NIV version of this verse available as a Vinyl Wall Decor


Thanks for letting me be vulnerable and open with you today.
This is not easy but it is real
and it is good.

Please feel free to use the comments to uplift 
and encourage others with testimonies of 
ways God has revealed His plans in your life.


Comments (17)

On April 16, 2012 at 8:22 AM , bananaorangeapple said...

Wow Becky, that is such a powerful testimony. It is amazing how God is always waiting to teach us something if we just listen to him. I really enjoyed reading your story.

 
On April 16, 2012 at 8:57 AM , SHEILA said...

Becky, this message is so powerful. I really appreciate you sharing your personal thoughts and struggles. I can relate and I'm sure others will also. I know God puts "Georgias" in our paths for a reason. You chose to listen to Him through her.

 
On April 16, 2012 at 9:06 AM , Julia Badgley said...

Wow, Becky. How wonderful what you were able to learn about yourself when you thought you'd be learning about others.
Thanks for your honesty.
Love Julia.

 
On April 16, 2012 at 9:42 AM , Vee said...

Oh I just found that book on John's bookshelf upstairs last night. Hmmm... How odd.

Having struggled similarly, I very much appreciate your words. I think often about a post one of your friends did in the past several months. It was incredible and zinged me good.

 
On April 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM , The REAL EverSewSweet said...

Wow! Our current sermon series and my current Bible study are on listening for God's whisper, gentle nudge or whatever you want to call it and then acting on it.

 
On April 16, 2012 at 10:56 AM , Lizzi said...

What a beautiful REAL post. Thank you for opening up in a way I can relate to. I think a lot of us have something that's a layer of protection whether it's extra weight or an entirely different thing. Loved this post.

 
On April 16, 2012 at 10:58 AM , Lorrie said...

Becky, thank you for the gentle reminder. Too often I let my own agenda get in God's way. What a wonderful reminder to be still and listen.

 
On April 16, 2012 at 11:27 AM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

Ahhh, that still small voice carries much power! :) But we do have to listen, don't we. Thanks for the reminder, Becky and thank you so much for sharing. I LOVE scripture on the wall!!!

 
On April 16, 2012 at 12:06 PM , Rafael y Nelly said...

I loved your post Becky. That still small voice is very persistent sometimes, if only we paid attention more often, the things we would do and change.

 
On April 16, 2012 at 1:40 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Thank you for sharing a part of yourself.

This verse has been popping up for me constantly lately. A good reminder that we should stop worrying so much and just give God the control.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On April 16, 2012 at 2:18 PM , sammysgrammy said...

Thank you for being so REAL with us Becky. Whenever we slow down enough to actually LISTEN to that still small voice, there's always a golden nugget for us there (because His plans for us are for good, to give us a futire and a hope).

 
On April 16, 2012 at 3:54 PM , Loretta said...

Sometimes in the rush of my daily activities, I find that I followed my agenda and didn't take the time to find out His plan ... sobering. Thanks Becky for being transparent.

 
On April 16, 2012 at 8:44 PM , Handiworkin' Girls said...

Thank you for the poignant reminder to listen the Holy Spirit, Becky! Your story is both convicting and encouraging.

 
On April 16, 2012 at 10:17 PM , (Ri)Charmed said...

I've done that study too and got so much out of it!

 
On April 16, 2012 at 11:02 PM , pfd said...

It is so true...Gd leads us and all we have to do is follow. Thank you for your thoughtful post.

 
On April 17, 2012 at 7:18 AM , the butlers pottery said...

Awesome post. Thanks for being vulnerable and sharing.

 
On April 18, 2012 at 7:52 AM , myeuropeantouch said...

((((( Becky ))))
Thank you dear friend, it takes a lot to be this vulnerable. Know you are very much loved.
Monika