I have embarked on a new adventure this year. I am renting a larger space in an art gallery cafe and joined the co-op for it. Last year I rented 4 feet in this store, now I have 10 feet of space and will volunteer and share in some of the profits. Before I said yes I prayed like crazy.  Could I afford the extra cost?.  Will my pottery and photography sell?  We live in a tourist area which gets into full swing in May and slows down in October. Last year I made the rent and a bit more, but this was the first year, hopefully it will get better. Also I have only been in the area for 2 years and they say it takes 3 years to get established. Saying yes was a large step for me.
http://www.etsy.com/people/gracearchive
 


The second week of January,  in church we were worshiping to 'God is our strength, he is our refuge, he is our fortress,  in him I will trust'.

As we sang this song I felt the Lord ask me, "Do I trust him to sell my pottery in this store".  Did I trust God? I know he asked me to do this so why do I doubt it? I felt I should speak to the church, prophecy what God was telling me. As I spoke this word to the church "trust me! trust me!" kept coming out of my mouth.
Many in the church thanked for they have doubts too.

That evening the service again was trust me. Trust me has been ringing a lot in my ears.  I have a feeling this will be my motto for the year.

Trusting God is not easy. It is  a process. As Paul said we go from glory to glory. '2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in the mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord the Spirit'.

I keep asking myself why I have a problem trusting God and falling back on my own strength.  My strength has failed me many times, but God's has never failed me.

How many of us know we need to trust God yet struggle with this?  Deuteronomy 30:6  Moreover the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, so you may live.Verse 8-9  And you shall obey the Lord and observe all His commandments which I command you today. Then the Lord your God will prosper you abundantly in the all the work of your hand in the offspring of your body and in the offspring of your cattle and in  the produce of your ground, for the Lord will again rejoice over you for good, just as He rejoiced over your father.'

We have so much to gain if we trust God and let him do the work in us for it is his job not ours.

I pray that I will trust God with all my heart, all my soul and all my mind. May this pray be for you too. Trusting God is way better than leaning on our own understanding.




Comments (11)

On February 13, 2012 at 8:06 AM , luvncrafts said...

Great devotional! Thank you!

 
On February 13, 2012 at 8:10 AM , Kelly Bermudez said...

Thank you so much for this word! I receive it for me and my family! My daughter and I were talking about this very thing yesterday. We were talking about how much faith and trust it took Moses to pick up his staff after it was turned into a serpent. Regardless of how scary it my have been to pick that snake up he trusted God and God is and always will be faithful! So, regardless of how scary our situations- We can trust Him!

 
On February 13, 2012 at 8:54 AM , Sheila said...

Thank you so much. I needed this reminder today, as my husband has decided to embark on a new career. It's going to take trusting in the Lord on a daily basis. But with that trust I know we will be ok. I'm going to copy this to him.

 
On February 13, 2012 at 9:02 AM , Meghann said...

Amen to that! I have such a hard time letting go and trusting in Him. And yet, I find that when I do, everything always works out better than it does when I try to "white knuckle" it and do everything myself. He is amazing!

 
On February 13, 2012 at 11:05 AM , MarveLes Art Studios said...

excellent message! Thanks for sharing. May be constantly transforming our minds to His trust and Shepherding of us in that trust.

 
On February 13, 2012 at 11:07 AM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

trust....He is ALWAYS faithful! We don't really know what that looks like, so trust is hard.

 
On February 13, 2012 at 2:20 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Thank you so much! I really needed this today. I do find that the older I get (66) the more and more I am handing it all over to Him.

Blessings♥
Sue

 
On February 14, 2012 at 12:32 AM , Carolyn G said...

what a beautiful and inspiring blog. Studying Paul and the Acts of the Apostles and trust is truly key. thank you for this post

 
On February 14, 2012 at 7:00 AM , Loretta said...

Very encouraging and a timely reminder - thank you!

 
On February 14, 2012 at 12:02 PM , KarenW said...

Excellent! I always need this reminder. So many times I want to lean on my own understanding and forget about trusting.

 
On February 14, 2012 at 7:30 PM , the butlers pottery said...

Thank you for commenting on my devotion. I am glad it has touched so many people. Please feel free to share it along.