...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Phil 4:8 (NIV)


Do you ever struggle with your thoughts?  I know it can be very easy for me to sin in my thoughts, it is something with which I struggle.  But how do I work on this problem in my spiritual life?  This little verse from Paul's letter to the Philippians is filled with a big list of suggestions for just such a problem!  So if, like me, you struggle with having righteous thoughts, spend some time praying and thinking about how you can remind yourself to think about what is pure, noble and praiseworthy.











Comments (11)

On February 17, 2012 at 12:26 PM , MarveLes Art Studios said...

Love them all! Thanks for the highlights; God Bless!

 
On February 17, 2012 at 1:02 PM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

Great finds!! I love scripture on things. :)

 
On February 17, 2012 at 3:30 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Wonderful Scripture~Wonderful Finds!

Thank you - Deb!

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On February 17, 2012 at 3:33 PM , Crafty Mommas said...

great finds!

 
On February 17, 2012 at 4:11 PM , Rita said...

yep, I once had a wonderful teaching regarding those - arrest them, like they were dangerous criminals. "take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ" 2Cor.10

 
On February 17, 2012 at 8:05 PM , Sue Runyon said...

Thanks Deb. Uplifting verse and great finds too :-)

 
On February 18, 2012 at 12:45 AM , Lorrie said...

Great ways to have visual reminders of what we, as Christians believe. Thank you!

 
On February 18, 2012 at 4:10 PM , krafterskorner said...

I struggle with worrying sometimes. I need to remind myself to give it all to God.

 
On February 19, 2012 at 1:23 PM , PrincessEMarie said...

Beautiful Finds, Thank You!

 
On February 20, 2012 at 2:06 AM , Anonymous said...

Thank you for your encouraging post! I love all the beautiful finds!
Blessings,
Molly

Throne of Grace

 
On February 20, 2012 at 3:18 PM , Karla Dornacher said...

Oh so true... what a great reminder! Thank you for including me in your Friday Finds! Blessings and God-hugs... Karla