By: Julie Blanck of Collar Topia and Sew Twisted In Stitches

Sometimes I find myself thinking about where we have come from.   Even in our trials, do you wonder what God is doing?  I know I do.  Not everyone agrees with me but I believe that God doesn't "make" things happen.  We are free thinkers with free will.  What we ultimately do is up to us.  Sure God puts people in our paths to influence us but what we do after the influence is still up to our own free will. I do believe that God could intervene, after-all He is our creator but if he did intervene He would no longer be perfect.  He cannot sin...He is sinless.  So we wait for his return.

The reason I believe the way I do is because 4 1/2 years ago I lost my 21 year old daughter to a drunk driver who hit her head on.  She was killed instantly.  I could have blamed God but instead I embraced him.  I knew that the world had taken her but God was going to make something glorious out of this awful tragedy.  Through this "fire" he has shown me what matters and what doesn't in this life.  My eyes can only see what is right in front of me, but when I allow God to show me His glory nothing else matters.  God is Perfect, and man is imperfect.

1 Peter 1:6-9 (NIV)
6 In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.7 These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.
UniqueTreasures4U


8 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy,9 for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
















Comments (13)

On February 24, 2012 at 10:00 AM , Anonymous said...

thank you for this wonderful blog - God is good in ALL things. II Corinthians says we are to commend him in all things, tho it is hard it always produces and He is triumph. Much love for your loss.

 
On February 24, 2012 at 10:55 AM , Julie Riisnaes said...

Thank you for sharing God's love in very dark times. Praying God will continue to help and comfort you, as you comfort others

 
On February 24, 2012 at 11:31 AM , MYSAVIOR said...

Julie - thank you so much for sharing with us. I cannot imagine my life without the Lord.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On February 24, 2012 at 11:40 AM , Donna (Twinmountainpottery) said...

Thank you for sharing. God is good and He is always there for us.

 
On February 24, 2012 at 12:40 PM , BonJeanCreations said...

Thanks for sharing from your heart. It is great to see how you are letting God work in your life.

 
On February 24, 2012 at 2:07 PM , Luella Newkirk said...

Such a dark tragedy - God is so good to keep us in His light and show us His love if we let Him. Thank you for your encouraging words.

 
On February 24, 2012 at 2:44 PM , Rafael y Nelly said...

Thank you for your post, and for the features, I absolutely loved that cross painting, that's exactly what we ought to do when things are rough.

 
On February 24, 2012 at 3:01 PM , Unknown said...

Wow, Where would we be without Christ. How would we get through these difficult times.

 
On February 24, 2012 at 3:51 PM , Rita said...

That must have been painful to share. Thank you for sharing.

 
On February 24, 2012 at 4:40 PM , Unknown said...

I absolutely love telling people about this tragedy because for my family God has prevailed! Indeed, where would we be without Him!!

 
On February 24, 2012 at 9:33 PM , Sheila said...

Julie, Thank you so much for sharing this personal story and your outlook on what God is doing in your life and ours. And the treasure items you picked tell the story beautifully.

 
On February 25, 2012 at 12:31 AM , Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

Thank you for sharing this with us Julie.

 
On February 25, 2012 at 9:37 AM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

Very powerful post, thank you for sharing Julie! The refiner's fire hurts, sometimes terribly, but Wow! what beauty it brings.