"But the LORD's plans stand firm forever; His intentions can never be shaken"
~Psalm 33:11

THOUGHTS
I remember the beginning of 2011, and the devotion on Dreaming Big. Did you dream big? Or did you find that in the process of doing so people tended to let you down? As this new year begins I was left to think about all the times I was let down by those who only sold me empty promises. If you are like me there are times that we get tired of the inconsistencies that we find in others and ourselves. So many times others fall short of our expectations and as such we fall short of the expectations of others. We even fall short of the Glory of God.

"But the LORD watches over those who fear him, those who rely on his unfailing love."
~Psalms 33:18

LET GO AND LET GOD
As we go into the year 2012 let us renew our trust in the One who will never fail us. The plans that He has for our lives are great and He will not change His mind. Remember that when we pray to God FIRST in all of our dreams and goals we receive FAVOR from God. When we have FAVOR with God, He will touch the hearts of the people and give us Favor with those we will come in contact with. God's favor never fails.

Let us let go of our trust in man, and all of the strings we have attached to them, and put our trust in the LORD. Let God control the 'all' of our lives and watch what wondrous blessings He has in store for us. For His intentions will never shatter, His heart, forever yearning for the love of His children.

We should also strive to be people of our word, doing what we say we will. Praying for others when they ask, fulfilling our obligations instead of giving empty promises, and helping others in need. Just as God does not fail us, let US not fail at shining the LIGHT that He shows through us, allowing us to be an exLinkample to a dying world. Striving to do better than we did yesterday.

PRAYER
Dear Lord we pray that we turn our focus more on You and your unconditional love. We pray that our trust will be in You and Your will and not those who may not come through. Let us also be true to our word, give us the strength to fulfill all of our obligations this year. In Jesus Name... Amen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Till Next Time
God Bless
Amanda of AstriaLegends

PS: Sorry this is a week late...I don't know why I had the 9th in my head and not the 2nd. My apologies.

Comments (9)

On January 10, 2012 at 7:54 AM , the butlers pottery said...

Better late than never. Thank you for posting this. We do need to put God first is all we do. Seek ye first the kingdom of God and everything will be added on to yo.

 
On January 10, 2012 at 9:00 AM , Becky K. said...

That is my prayer, as well. To keep God at the center this year. It is way too easy to try to take life into my own hands....

 
On January 10, 2012 at 10:53 AM , Tricia said...

Great word! All in God's timing, someone needed to 'hear' this now.

 
On January 10, 2012 at 12:14 PM , Unknown said...

Amen!

 
On January 10, 2012 at 12:54 PM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

It was worth the wait...Thank you for sharing this.

 
On January 11, 2012 at 2:31 AM , sue anderson said...

LET GO AND LET GOD.

This has been going through my mind so often lately.
Thank you so much for your post. A good way to begin 2012.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On January 11, 2012 at 10:06 AM , Rachel said...

Thank you for the encouragement. I have been kinda in the same boat -I wasn't introduced to the world of craft until I was about 35 and I didn't think I had a creative bone in my body. I learned that this was my gifting and it was another 10 years before I really gave myself permission to pursue it in any significant way. When we learn the call that God has in our life we will be much more enthusiastic about our life and better able to share the truth of Jesus Christ.

 
On January 12, 2012 at 3:07 AM , Z said...

I have been hearing this alot lately.


"Let go and let God".


Thank you for bringing this to my rememberance again, lest I forget.

 
On January 14, 2012 at 12:13 PM , MarveLes Art Studios said...

Love the polka dot bow tie! So cute. Great shop. and thanks for the post!