George Bernard Shaw once said "A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing"

I must have a very honorable life with the amount of things I tried and the amount of mistakes I've made along the way.

I know God has called me to make pottery and be an artist, but I didn't start making pottery until I was 48.  I was 39 before I picked up a paint brush. The two arts have meshed and now I am painting on pottery.

They say it takes 12 years to learn to turn pottery on a wheel.  I am now entering my tenth year.  In the beginning most of my  pieces ended up in the garbage. Many times I wanted to quit pottery but God kept saying  'keep running the race, persevere'.
Hebrews 12:1-2a "Therefore, since we have a great cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus.
It is hard to keep going when you don't know where it will lead you. When times like this come I relate it walking down a pathway in a forest. I enjoy the interesting things I see on the pathway. Getting to the destination means the journey is over and its time to come home.  My life has been a journey and now I that I am selling the pottery I see why God kept me going. I am still learning new things along the way and God is continually opening new doors for me. My life's journey has become a joy and excitement for me, after many years of despair and depression.
I am looking forward to this year to see what God has in store for me.  What are you looking forward to this year? Do you know that there are new and exciting adventures waiting for you too?
I pray that we will embrace this new year and the rest of our lives with excitement and joy of what God will do in our lives and that through that joy we will reach many more new people for the kingdom of God.

Comments (6)

On January 9, 2012 at 8:47 AM , myeuropeantouch said...

So true, so true....thank you for sharing your wisdom...(smile)♥
Monika

 
On January 9, 2012 at 11:37 AM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

Keep running the race...persevere. Sometimes that is so hard.

 
On January 9, 2012 at 1:09 PM , sammysgrammy said...

There is an excitement in "new beginnings". It's the Lord's way. Always encouraging us, cheering us on, wanting us to win. To accomplish all His dreams for us.

 
On January 9, 2012 at 3:07 PM , sue anderson said...

Beautiful post!
Thank you so much.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On January 9, 2012 at 6:38 PM , Charlene said...

Wow! I couldn't have said it better. Keep making pottery. I pray that God blesses you through your art each and every day!

Thanks so much for including my turtle today!

 
On January 10, 2012 at 3:25 AM , Pearl @ Play said...

Yes, keep running the race that God has called us to. Thank you for the encouragement! Let's keep pressing on!