"Be still and know that I am God."  Psalm 46:10

Psalm 46-10 Art Poster print 12x12 - typography - textured art
Bonnie Bruno Photography
I think I've posted this scripture before, but God has placed it on my heart more than once this week.  And, usually when that happens, there is a reason. :)

It's so hard in this busy world we live in to be still.  So much is going on around us, our schedules are packed, our minds are full of all we have to do, our bodies are often tired from trying to do it all. 

It's so easy to take the free time we do have and focus more on sleep or falling into a chair in front of the TV or any of the others ways we find to unwind.

How about it we took that time and sat quietly and listened for God?  How about if we just sat and focused our hearts and our minds on God?  How about if we focused on the fact that God really does have it all in control and that, if we let Him, there is no need for us to rush and stress over all that we are trying to get done?

Do you find it as hard as I do to take time and just be still?  I'll be praying this week that we learn and that we will be still and open to all that God has in store for us.

Have a blessed Sunday in Him,
Melanie/Beads-N-Style

Comments (10)

On November 6, 2011 at 3:14 PM , Unknown said...

I was just saying this at church this morning - that it's so hard to "be still" in our busy lives.

 
On November 6, 2011 at 5:11 PM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

I agree, it is hard to be still. We pray and get all our wants and desires voiced but don't take the time to quiet ourselves and listen for that still small voice. Very good post!

 
On November 6, 2011 at 5:40 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

This is one of my favorites. I have a hard time getting my brain to be still. I really do need to work on this.
♥♥♥
Sue

 
On November 6, 2011 at 6:13 PM , Loretta (Thoughtful Gems) said...

This is so timely for me. Sometimes in the rush of personal and business happenings, I seem to have to remind myself to "be still".

 
On November 6, 2011 at 7:23 PM , myeuropeantouch said...

I found that meditation beforehand works wonders and then I am still and hear.....
Another excellent blog post, thank you.♥
Monika

 
On November 6, 2011 at 7:24 PM , LittleElf said...

Such a great message and reminder especially in this busy time of year. Thanks so much for sharing and reminding us to remember God as well.

 
On November 6, 2011 at 7:36 PM , Sheila said...

Yes this is a good time of the year for this reminder. This verse is one of my favorites, because of it's simple but powerful message.

 
On November 6, 2011 at 10:34 PM , pfd said...

Melanie - I think you could post this every week and we all would appreciate it... our society is everything but still!

 
On November 7, 2011 at 5:01 AM , bananaorangeapple said...

Thanks for the reminder Melanie.

 
On November 7, 2011 at 11:37 AM , krafterskorner said...

Amen! Yes, I hate being idle, so I find it hard just to be still.