Amazing Grace

I have been thinking about all the times that I have been saved by Grace.
From the time I was a little girl I have been saved and never knew it until now.
I am going to give a partial testimony that might be a little disturbing but truly, the Lord has brought me forward and I have forgiven.
My mom’s brother, my Uncle Eugene, asked my mom to take care of his newborn son, (my “brother” Stefan) after a very bitter divorce.  His ex did not want Stefan. 
Stefan came to live with us – I was one year old – he was a few months old.
My father was a very disturbed and abusive man.  To this day I do not know how he abused Stefan, since Stefan will not speak about it, but when Stefan was 8 years old, my Uncle Eugene, gave my mom a choice.  Leave your husband and I will leave Stefan with you and Sue, or I will take Stefan to live with me. 
In those days, 55 years ago, we did not have the same options, we have now.  My mother chose to stay with my father so Stefan was ripped out of my life.  It was then that my father began to abuse me physically, verbally and "inappropriately" . Since my father died in 1981 at the age of 56 of sudden death before we really had a chance to talk about it, I am “guessing” that since Stefan was no longer there, his inner rage transferred on to me.  You see, my father was also extremely abused when he was a child, hence the chain of abuse. And, because of that, I was able to forgive him in recent years. I was only able to break that chain with God’s Grace.
Looking back, I know that God was with me.  I did not know how to call to Him or how to pray since there was no “religious” upbringing for me.  But – He was always there.  I know that there would have been times when I could have died or been killed, but He had other plans for me.
It has only been because of His Grace that I have been able to forgive both my parents for their choices. Maybe one of the reasons I am so adamant on the choices my daughter makes with my grandsons. We should bring our children up with so much love that they will never have to be in the position of harboring anything in their hearts.
 When God saved me, my heart swelled with love (remember the Christmas story of the Grinch?)
This is only a very tiny part of my life’s testimony.
I hope that I have been able to express this clearly.

I have been saved by His Holy Grace as are we all.
Do you know when you have been saved by Grace?


Sue Anderson
mysavior.etsy.com

Comments (8)

On October 1, 2011 at 10:03 PM , (Ri)Charmed said...

Thank you for sharing your story. I grew up in a Christian home so I knew of God's grace early on, but it wasn't until I was older and could see how He protected and guided me that I became aware of needing His grace every single day.

 
On October 1, 2011 at 11:00 PM , SHEILA said...

Thank you Sue for sharing such a personal story of Gods healing grace. Gods healing grace continues to work in my life every day, in so many ways that I could not begin to count.

 
On October 2, 2011 at 2:06 PM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

Thank you for sharing a part of your story, Sue. We really have no idea the sorrows and joys that others have gone through in their lives unless they share with us. I praise God for His saving grace and for the many, many ways he bestows His grace on us every moment of every day that we aren't aware of.

 
On October 2, 2011 at 3:03 PM , BonJeanCreations said...

Thanks for sharing some of your life with us. It is so comforting to know that God is there for us in our darkest hour. Praise the Lord! We love you Jesus!

 
On October 2, 2011 at 5:18 PM , Julia Badgley said...

Sue, thanks for sharing part of your story. I was raised in a home where I knew of Christ's love and grace, and am glad that I've been saved physically, and saved eternally, and God has, and continues to, show His care to me.

 
On October 2, 2011 at 7:48 PM , myeuropeantouch said...

Sue, I know that could have not been easy, however if has to come out, as this is one way for us to testify and unburden ourselfes. It cleanses us.... Consider yourself (((((((hugged)))))))) you know I love you already...♥

 
On October 3, 2011 at 9:39 AM , Amanda of AstriaLegends said...

Thank you for the testimony...it is through the toughest times in our life that we really see God, even if we do not see it until much later.

 
On October 3, 2011 at 11:28 AM , krafterskorner said...

I'm sorry you had to grow up with that, but I am thankful that you were able to break the cycle. Abuse in any form is a terrible thing.