Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.   Colossians 3:2

HEAVEN.......DON'T MISS IT FOR THE WORLD......11 x 11 Wood and Vinyl Sign
by A Rare Treasure
It's so easy to lose focus on God and hear every other voice but His voice.  This is always a struggle for me, but it seems the last month or so it's been more so.  I just have to stop and say, "Lord, please take away all those voices... let there only be yours."

You know those voices I'm talking about.  The ones from all the people in this world telling us we have to do s or that to be accepted, the ones that fill our heads with expectations that may or may not fulfill God's plan.

I've had to remind myself so much lately that it's not the expectations of the world that I should worry about meeting (or even my own expectations... those get me, too... I'm my own worst critic), but the expectations of God on which I should focus.  It doesn't matter one bit what the world thinks... it what God thinks that matters. 

You know, we won't always fall in line with the expectations of the world.  And, when we don't, those people won't always hang around once we've failed to meet their expectations.  However, God will always be there....regardless.  His love is unconditional and unfailing.  If we keep our focus on Him, we can't fail.  Sure, we will stumble along the way and not always follow His will, but He will help us pick ourselves back up again, wipe away the tears, and get us going in the right direction.  All we need to do is seek and follow... setting our minds on Him.


Happy Sunday!
Melanie/Beads-N-Style

Comments (11)

On October 22, 2011 at 11:54 PM , pfd said...

Melanie - this is a great post for me because I struggle with the voices drowning out God's. I try to read His Word daily which helps me listen a bit better. We need to have spiritual ears.

 
On October 23, 2011 at 7:31 AM , BonJeanCreations said...

Thanks Melanie. I think we all need to remind ourselves of this scripture daily. Your words were beautifully done.

 
On October 23, 2011 at 8:49 AM , Sue Runyon said...

My morning devotion was on this very topic. Thanks so much, Melanie!

 
On October 23, 2011 at 1:58 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

One of my struggles also. It seems to be getting better, the older I get (65). Thank you so much for this reminder.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On October 23, 2011 at 2:39 PM , myeuropeantouch said...

Mel, thank you so much, a lot of our Sunday School Participants struggle with this very issue...
Thanks for sharing..♥
Monika

 
On October 23, 2011 at 3:55 PM , bananaorangeapple said...

This is good Melanie. Thanks for the reminder.

 
On October 23, 2011 at 4:37 PM , krafterskorner said...

Amen! It is so easy to fall in line with the world's expectations.

 
On October 23, 2011 at 6:49 PM , Donna (Twinmountainpottery) said...

Thank you Melanie. My daughter were just discussing this very same issue.

 
On October 23, 2011 at 10:13 PM , Aloquin said...

Beautifully put, thank you so much. I remember worrying so much about what others thought in school, but now that I'm in my late 30's, it seems that (even though I've gotten much better), a lot of people are still there. I work where the elderly live, and many of them fill their time with worrying about what their friend thinks... it doesn't matter, what matters is God! At the end, it won't be our "friends" we have to face :)

-Aloquin

 
On October 24, 2011 at 8:22 PM , Mechelle said...

This is a great reminder to me. It is so easy to get caught up on things rather than getting closer to the Lord.

 
On October 24, 2011 at 11:04 PM , Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

Amen to that - thank you Mel.