Then Jesus said to his disciples, “I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”  Matthew 19:23-24





As most of you will know, this well known verse follows the story of the rich young man who came to Jesus asking how to gain eternal life, but left in sadness because he was unwilling to give up his wealth and put Jesus first in his life.  Although this passage is not condemning wealth per se, I know that it can be tempting to be complacent in our financial stability or to constantly worry about improving our finances.  It is sometimes very easy for me to enjoy the relative wealth that my family and I have and forget about God and how I can best use my finances to serve Him.  Or perhaps for you it is your job, your friends or your home which you are tempted to place first in your life ahead of the Lord.  Whatever the case may be for you, let us pray for ourselves and each other, that we may always seek first the kingdom of heaven.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments (10)

On October 7, 2011 at 1:36 PM , (Ri)Charmed said...

I also think it's meant to catch the eye of those who are wealthy and to let them know that relying in their wealth for security is not going to do a thing for their spirituality or eternity.

 
On October 7, 2011 at 4:02 PM , JoyfulHandKnits said...

Thanks for including my "camel" colored socks!

 
On October 7, 2011 at 5:49 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

lOVE THIS VERSE! Great finds!

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On October 7, 2011 at 6:08 PM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

Wonderful finds!

 
On October 7, 2011 at 8:59 PM , Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

So true Ri! We can't buy our way into heaven (or pass exams/win foot races/etc either to get there).

 
On October 8, 2011 at 8:21 AM , RobinsFlight said...

Thanks so much for including my card case! And a thoughtful reminder for all of us.

 
On October 8, 2011 at 9:43 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Thanks so much, Deb. Most of us need to look for further opportunities to serve the Lord with our wealth and time. I know I do.

 
On October 8, 2011 at 7:04 PM , Cheryl said...

Linda,

Thank you for including my children's camel pillows in your treasury!

Nice collection and verse

 
On October 8, 2011 at 9:58 PM , krafterskorner said...

Yes, I struggle to remember that God is in control of everyone's finances. Thanks for the reminder.

 
On October 8, 2011 at 10:46 PM , Anna H said...

Thank you for including my camel-colored scarf! What a great reminder too!!