The Gift of Song
written by Monika of
http://www.etsy.com/shop/myeuropeantouch?ref=si_shop

I was blessed with this gift, at an early age I was humming and singing to my hearts content and have not stopped since, with one exception.
There was a time in my life were I could not do so, but prayed out of the debt of my soul to God to heal me and only by his grace, I was able to sing again.
Some of you know that God had restored my left vocal cord in 1987 after a surgery and I made a covenant with God I would sing his praises for the rest of my life.


Now I am facing the same illness on my left vocal cord, which I had in 1987 on my right vocal cord. My right vocal cord was destroyed back then. I pray that God will preserve my left vocal cord in this upcoming surgery and I can keep singing his praises, it's the only one I have left to sing with.

                                       http://www.etsy.com/listing/44495520/psalm-67-vs-1

Pslam 67, 3-5
3 May the peoples praise you, God;
   may all the peoples praise you.
4 May the nations be glad and sing for joy,
   for you rule the peoples with equity
   and guide the nations of the earth.
5 May the peoples praise you, God;
   may all the peoples praise you."


                               http://www.etsy.com/listing/51525441/psalm-91-angel-wings-hodge-podge-10-x-10

As an adult and a musician, I have always felt a certain connection with the Psalms. Human beings have been using song to express the human essence and emotions that go along with it for as long as we can historically trace. Whether you choose a Gregorian Chant from Europe, the folk music of our natives, the intricate musical expressions of Asia, or other various forms of musical expression from all over the world.
It is no surprise that in the middle of the bible we find and old song book from the ancient East.
It is also not surprising that the content of these lyrics, which were passed down orally for years prior to being written, contain songs lifting voices and instruments in joyful praise to our creator.

                                            http://www.etsy.com/listing/16451262/psalm-28-vs-7

Pslam 28:7
"The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart.
He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving."


In reflection on the historical songs of God's people, I can only hope that God will allow my own songs to continue and inspire Joy and Thanks as the
67th Psalm. I truly hope and pray that I may continue, like all of God's people to "be glad and sing for joy".

  http://www.etsy.com/listing/62228737/joyful-noise-psalm-98-bodysuit
              
Psalm 69:30
"Then I will praise God’s name with singing, and I will honor him with thanksgiving."
And I cannot think of a better way to unite all of us in Song and Praise.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/57665186/wonderfully-made-flowers-blank-photo                                         

My prayer today:
Gracious God, we praise you with joy and with thanks, like the Psalmist did so long ago. In gratitude we pray for your blessings and we offer our songs to you.
Amen

Until next Monday...spread the word
Monika 

Comments (8)

On September 20, 2011 at 3:52 PM , Becky K. said...

Oh Monika,
My heart has been breaking for you this afternoon since you posted on the forum. As a lifelong singer too I can feel the pain of not knowing if that will be taken. Rest assured, my Friend, Eternity will be blessed for all of gifts He has given us at full capacity. If you suffer for a time here it will be nothing compared to the joy of an eternity singing and praising Him. He will be with you and He will help you to bear it. On the other hand, you have already beaten a whole bunch of odds at even being able to sing with this one vocal chord. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if God gave you healing so that you could continue to tell of His goodness with that lovely voice of yours.
Hugs!! That is my prayer!!

 
On September 20, 2011 at 4:30 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Praises for this post, my friend. Amen to what Becky wrote♥

Love You!
Sue

 
On September 20, 2011 at 4:44 PM , krafterskorner said...

Great post! Thank you for reminding us to be thankful for the things we sometimes take for granted!

 
On September 20, 2011 at 5:01 PM , Lizzi said...

Moni music speaks to me...I was told by a lady in my church that when I was younger I use to pray to God for a beautiful voice. I don't remember this, but it only makes sense since I love to sing so much now. Praying that your vocal cord will be saved so you can keep singing His praises.

 
On September 20, 2011 at 6:20 PM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

Monika, I will keep you in my prayers that all will be well and come together for your good and God's glory. No matter what happens you WILL be able to sing praise to your Father. May our Lord bless and keep you.

 
On September 20, 2011 at 6:26 PM , Lorrie said...

Monika, you have been blessed with a wonderful gift and praise God that you were able to beat the odds before. Praying that if it is God's will that healing will take place and your voice will once again be restored. Loved all of the verses you cited, so appropriate. Hugs to you!

 
On September 20, 2011 at 10:43 PM , LittleElf said...

Praying for God's healing touch on you Monika. *hugs* Just remember, things happen for a reason. If one door closes another will open, God is always good like that. ^_^

Love and hugs to you,
Elfie

 
On September 21, 2011 at 8:45 AM , Niki Jackson said...

Beautiful Monika, praying for healing xx