Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. Without warning, a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping.  The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!”

He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.
The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”
Matthew 8:23-27 (NIV)

Jennifer Kistler Studios

In recent weeks I have had to think about possible new directions for myself and my family next year, some of which may be fairly life changing.  And I have to admit that rather than calmly praying and thinking through our options, I have been rather stressed and anxious about whether I will make a wise decision.  These verses from the book of Matthew reminded me that God is all powerful and in control of everything.  Like the disciples, I have been going crazy with worry and acting like one of little faith instead of turning to God for help.  Do you find that sometimes you are like the disciples and that your reaction to the storms that sometimes threaten to engulf our lives is one of panic?  May these verses help to remind you that our God is awesome and sovereign.  May they prompt you to turn to Him in prayer in every situation.


Susan Windsor

Panda Place

Unexpected Treasure

Chocolate Dog Studio

WatercolorsNmore

on the grain fabrics

Stephen Edward Graphics

Seaside Siren

Comments (14)

On September 10, 2011 at 12:25 AM , ChocolateDogStudio said...

What lovely finds!
Thanks for finding my cup cozy.

 
On September 10, 2011 at 12:31 AM , ChocolateDogStudio said...

Yes, I have been there myself with the waves and the storm.

 
On September 10, 2011 at 12:37 AM , Stephen Edward Graphics said...

Very cool blog post! Thanks for including my wall decals!

 
On September 10, 2011 at 12:51 AM , Terri Croswhite said...

I love this, good reminder for me. Thank You!

 
On September 10, 2011 at 1:15 AM , J. K. said...

Yes, how easy it is to forget how great our God really is, and think we have to worry about everything! (I'd have to answer YES to your question.) And thanks so much for including my wave necklace with those great items! One of the things I love about the ocean is that it's a humble reminder that we are not in charge. Knowing there is Someone greater who is, gives us hope. :-)

 
On September 10, 2011 at 7:23 AM , watercolors said...

Thanks so much for using my Ocean Breezes note card.
I can certainly relate about life changes - storms that sometimes threaten to engulf our lives is one of panic? My daughter is facing some critical health issue decisions which will effect her life and mine. Trusting God for wisdom and direction.

Very relevant post today, thank you so much.
Roxanne

 
On September 10, 2011 at 8:43 AM , Seaside Siren said...

Thank you for including my purse. I love this scripture because it reminds me that my fears are often a lack of faith in God's great plan for me.

 
On September 10, 2011 at 8:58 AM , Sue Runyon said...

This is just the kind of reminder we need every day. Thanks, Deb! What incredible items! Great job.

 
On September 10, 2011 at 9:59 AM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

Lovely wavy items! thank you for the reminder that our God is all powerful and is in control.

 
On September 10, 2011 at 10:01 AM , Unknown said...

I love that scripture -- Many times it feels like our life is spiraling out of control but we need to be constantly reminded in the midst of a storm that He is in control!

 
On September 10, 2011 at 2:52 PM , Susan said...

Thank you for this perfect reminder for me today as I'm really feeling overwhelmed! And thank you for including my ACEO watercolor painting above. As a friend of mine would say, "this was a kiss on both cheeks for me today."

 
On September 10, 2011 at 10:01 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Beautiful, Deb! Great finds.

LOVE!!
Sue

 
On September 11, 2011 at 10:37 AM , Sherri Ward said...

Thanks for the reminder - He is in control and we don't need to panic for one little minute!
Nice items, too!

 
On September 12, 2011 at 7:30 AM , krafterskorner said...

Beautiful items!