written by Sheila of  SewFaithful
A new school year has been on the hearts and minds of many families these past few weeks.  Some of us have little ones going off to school, maybe for the first time. Some of us are settling down to start our homeschool routine with our children. And there are those of us (me included) who are sending our “kids” off to college. All of these situations call for wisdom to overcome the challenges and insecurities that arise for both students and parents. But we as Christians have the knowledge that God is watching over our children and guiding our decisions as parents.  He holds our future in His hands. Armed with His word, may the upcoming school year be one of great learning  and peace for students, parents, and of course the teachers!

For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.  Proverbs 2:10



Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I trust your commands. Psalm 119:66



Your beginnings will seem humble, so prosperous will your future be. Job 8:7





let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance Proverbs 1:5


Comments (12)

On August 24, 2011 at 10:03 AM , Becky K. said...

This time of the year is filled with many mixed emotions. Excitement at new beginnings and trepidation at those same new beginnings.
Great post, Sheila!

 
On August 24, 2011 at 10:16 AM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

Loved your color coded post Sheila, very cool and very up lifting. :) I have grands in public school and home schooled and teachers in my family as well, so mainly I just pray and support them in any way I can.

 
On August 24, 2011 at 10:39 AM , Niki Jackson said...

Beautiful post Sheila x

 
On August 24, 2011 at 10:44 AM , Tricia said...

Great post Sheila! We all must pray for wisdom when changes come our way!

 
On August 24, 2011 at 12:06 PM , sammysgrammy (aka Rita) said...

Sweet reminder, Shiela, of how God loves the children and protects them as only He can - so much better than we ever could. We cannot be with them 24/7 but He can.

I am thankful that He has done/is doing such a wonderful job protecting my boys and now I am trusting Him with my grandchildren as well.

 
On August 24, 2011 at 2:14 PM , Sue Runyon said...

Great first post, Sheila. Very colorful and perfect for the start of school. We need those reminders. Thanks!

 
On August 24, 2011 at 6:13 PM , Crafty Mommas said...

great post! I hope to do some preschool homeschooling with Lily this year. and thanks for including our scrapbook :-)

 
On August 24, 2011 at 6:26 PM , Monika said...

Since I am not dealing with this issue...the bible verse of Job, touched my heart and I can relate right now ...(smile)♥
Monika

 
On August 24, 2011 at 8:59 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

The first day of school is so exciting!

Thank you, Sheila. Great post and pics.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On August 24, 2011 at 11:06 PM , Kelly said...

Thank you Sheila! It's been a rough week for me and this is very encouraging. I love those pencils.

 
On August 25, 2011 at 7:41 PM , Unknown said...

Very good post -- This is the first year I don't have a child returning to public school. Feels strange!

 
On August 26, 2011 at 4:48 AM , Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

Thank you for your post Sheila. It's actually the middle of the school year here in the southern hemisphere, but we still need wisdom, no matter which stage of the schoo year we are facing. :)