Fragile T- Shirt by UnexpectedTreasure

And so I prayed,
In the eye of a disaster that wouldnt reach me
For God's will to be done,
Yet if there was one,
That He could spare,
Then don't let them die there...
Just turn the whole thing away,
Spare as many lives as You can this day
And after the fact
What do I see?
"...Greatly Spared New Orleans..."
It was all God...
And a simple prayer...


You know sometimes i wonder when people do go to God... I wonder how many honest Prayers were cast. I wonder how many people REALLY believe that they serve an AWESOME and BIG God. I truly believe that with enough honest prayers, God could make every hurricane, every tornado, just disappear. Sounds funny doesnt it? but I truly believe that I serve a God that can do it... without a second thought. And faith moves the hand of God. But not just my faith alone.

I believe too many of us have turned away from God...and when we do that we become just like the Israelites whom God let become captured, conquered and killed. A people who worship false Gods (money, material things etc), God will allow more to happen to, without His mighty protection. So its a struggle between the faithful followers and those who have turned away...so what you get is a mix of God's protection from the prayers and God's chastisement to those who've turned away.

So what am i saying? One person's prayer can go a long way...and the amount of the faith behind it will dictate how far... but a group of people's prayers are stronger and adding up that much faith can truly move mountains. We have to turn back to God, go back to running to Him before we go running for our possessions, or panicking, or making any decisions. Just stop, pray, then go. Put Him first in all that we do.

"What we may call a disaster God looks at as an opportunity to shine through. Never look at your situation as impossible, it's possible if you believe."

God Answers Prayers Verse by Cedarcreektreasures


PS: Sorry this is so late...my month has been very full and stressful.

God Bless
Till Next time
Amanda

Comments (6)

On June 6, 2011 at 8:47 PM , Janet Long said...

I put 'How to Pray in Challenging Times' in one of my treasuries on Etsy. I like that shop. Inspired by my finds for that treasury, I finally got my set of inspirational note cards listed. God blesses us all every moment of the day. So thankful for that!

 
On June 6, 2011 at 11:55 PM , Lizzi said...

I love this! It's very true. Some of the worst times are when I feel I really got in touch with God through prayer. He truly will bring us through when we have enough faith--or desperation-to believe.

 
On June 7, 2011 at 4:41 AM , sue anderson said...

There is power in prayer. Amen.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On June 7, 2011 at 5:46 AM , JulieandMax said...

I love this post! And your comment "Just stop, pray, then go. Put Him first in all that we do" is so true :-) We serve an amazing God.
Julie

 
On June 7, 2011 at 6:07 AM , Monika Drake said...

Love the concept of a "Stop and go" Prayer....
what a lovely post you shared, thank you♥
Monika of myeuropeantouch

 
On June 7, 2011 at 9:16 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Pray first. Great reminder!