Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 
1 Corinthians 13:4-7
These verses are probably well known to many and, in Australia at least, are commonly read at weddings.  While these verses may be a good reminder to a couple as they take their marriage vows, they are pertinent to all Christians in every walk of life.  In these verses Paul gives us a list of characteristics that do or do not define love.  I am ashamed to say that my behaviour often falls into the "love does not/is not" category rather than the "love is" category of characteristics.  So I need to keep reminding myself of what godly love should look like because, not only does it please God, but by the love we demonstrate to others, we may be seen for what we are, children of God.  Are there any particular characteristics in these verses that you struggle with?  Perhaps you could pray about them on your own or with a trusted friend this week.


Little Love Bunny by Little Elfs Toyshop

True Love Ring by Amy Cornwell Designs

Faith Hope Love Banner by A Continual Feast

This is Love Card by Peace 2 U Designs

Wee Ones Love Hat by Whimsie Dots

I Love You Stamp by Lemonade Sun Productions

Kiss Me Cute Owl ACEO by The Vintage Artist

Furnace Glass Heart Slices by Mots Dots

Love Always Hopes Necklace by The King and I

Comments (6)

On June 3, 2011 at 11:42 AM , LittleElf said...

That is definitely one of my my very favorite Bible verses. Such a great post, thank you so much for including my little bunny along with this. It makes me smile so much! ^_^

 
On June 3, 2011 at 12:15 PM , Christie Cottage said...

I love Bible verses posted in blogs.

I am going to have to check out one of the items posted above

<><
http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

 
On June 4, 2011 at 2:12 AM , Sue Anderson said...

Beautiful verse, Deb. I find that the older I get the more and more I am able to love like that.
Great finds also.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On June 4, 2011 at 6:27 AM , Crafty Mommas said...

awesome post. thanks for the reminder to pull that definition of love to all aspects of life, I fail at that often

 
On June 4, 2011 at 9:37 AM , Tricia said...

Thank you for this wonderful post. I love just about any and all Bible verses, and this one is another of my favorites!

 
On June 4, 2011 at 9:38 AM , Sue Runyon said...

So wonderful to stop by here and be refreshed and encouraged. Love the "non Valentiney" hearts and and love items!