See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
Matthew 6:28-33

Lily of the Valley Fabric Tote by The Ole Bag Lady

Do you worry about things all the time?  I must confess that I sometimes obsessively worry about the various trials and issues in my life.  In fact, sometimes it gets so bad that I lose sleep due to all my worrying.  Which is why someone like me needs to go back regularly and read these precious verses in Matthew 6.

Tangerine Blossom by NickiLynn Designs

Jesus told his disciples that their heavenly Father knew all of their needs and that their focus should be on seeking God's kingdom, and I believe the same principle applies to us.  Not that there is anything wrong with being concerned about the issues we face either personally or corporately and praying for our needs.  But we need to have things in perspective, we need to remember that the most important thing is to have a right relationship with God, to "seek first his kingdom and his righteousness".  I know sometimes we hurt so much that we can forget this, so can I please encourage you to remember your fellow believers in prayer, especially during their times of need?  And maybe, like me, you might need to regularly remind yourself of these verses too.

Orange Fire Lillies by Maria Rose

Lily Pad Purse Clip by Jen Lucas Designs

Water Lily Pocket Mirror by Frangipani Palace

Tiger Lily Earrings by Heather Berry

Orange Sherbert Flower Headband by Sew Endless


Hand Stamped Wall Pocket by Cards by Carla

Comments (10)

On May 20, 2011 at 3:55 PM , Sue Runyon said...

Thank you, Deb. Really good reminder for me when I'm in the middle of moving. What amazing CAST Team items. They cheered me up on a dreary rainy day!

 
On May 20, 2011 at 3:59 PM , LittleElf said...

Everything is so lovely. ^_^

 
On May 20, 2011 at 4:14 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

DEB!
Great finds and I LOVE the verse. I try to live up to that every day.
God is so good.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On May 20, 2011 at 4:31 PM , myeuropeantouch said...

Try...is the important word here...none of us is perfect....So I keep on trying.
Wonderful, Deb, thank you ♥
Monika

 
On May 20, 2011 at 4:38 PM , sammysgrammy said...

wonderful reminder of how beautifully He dresses those lilies in splendor, how much more will He provide everything we have need of. thanks for encouraging us with this post today, Deb

 
On May 20, 2011 at 5:46 PM , Melanie said...

I can be a worrier, too, and find these verses to be my "go to" verses in those times. Thanks for sharing!

Love the beautiful listings you included, too!

 
On May 20, 2011 at 7:01 PM , Frangipani Palace said...

Very encouraging post :) Thank you for including my pocket mirror amongst such lovely items!

 
On May 20, 2011 at 7:20 PM , Carla said...

I have gotten much better at not worrying so much, and this verse has been a tremendous help. I'm thrilled to be included with these beautiful items and insightful words.

 
On May 21, 2011 at 10:01 AM , Christie Cottage said...

Great items!

<><

 
On May 21, 2011 at 9:54 PM , Alana Gillett said...

Wonderful reminder! Thank you for including my "Orange Fire Lilies!"