“Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls”
(Matthew 11:29, NIV)
Sometimes the day-to-day pressures of life can cause unnecessary stress. In fact, many people lose sleep worrying about things or people in their lives. But God doesn’t want us to live stressed out and overwhelmed. He wants us to live a life of rest and peace.
When Jesus walked on this earth, He took time for Himself. He got away from the crowds. He spent time with the Father. That’s how He found rest. He was gentle and humble in heart. Do you ever notice that when you are stressed out or worrying about something, you’re less tolerant of others? You’re more likely to say something you don’t really mean. Today, God wants you to cast your cares on Him and live with a gentle and humble attitude. When you release your burdens and follow the example of Jesus, you will find rest for your soul. You will be rejuvenated and refreshed! You will find peace in your heart, and you will move forward in the abundant life God has for you!Joel Osteen

So many things can happen to us through stress.  We become emotionally and physically ill.  I have been suffering from a virus running around in my system, manifesting itself in sores and extreme fatigue.  Just the other night, I saw on the news that this particular virus can break out from stress. This was God telling me to just hand it all to Him and relax. 

We all have different problems that will cause us stress.  Through God, it will all work out the way He wants.

Sue Anderson
mysavior.etsy.com

Below are a number of finds from our extremely talented team.  Enjoy and relax.


http://www.etsy.com/listing/71316686/bunnys-in-the-flower-bed-hand-painted


Comments (17)

On April 3, 2011 at 2:25 AM , Stephanie said...

Always a good reminder that we don't have to do it all ourselves.

Hope you're feeling better soon, Sue!

 
On April 3, 2011 at 8:00 AM , circleinthesand said...

Wow, does this hit me right square between the eyes.... how many times have I been guilty of spouting off something I shouldn't have said... will try to be better :)

What awesome listings from the CAST team!!

 
On April 3, 2011 at 8:12 AM , Jacy said...

God is good and I thank Him for His mercy and love every day...this is truly amazing, thank you for the reminder. God is sure blessing this team!

Love the featured listings! Thank you for featuring my art print "This is the Beginning" with the angel...blessings!!

 
On April 3, 2011 at 9:45 AM , A Gift of Grace said...

This week's message really speaks to me. About two years ago, the company I worked for in Washington State down-sized. I took the opportunity to move to the other side of the country to be within driving distance to my family. Unfortunately, I still have not found work.

I have been sick and grouchy from stress and feeling worthless. I haven’t even been able to give to others as much. Finally this last week I realized that as much as I have prayed about my situation, I had not truly given my problems over to God but still tried to be in control. It was humbling.

Since I have now fully given my problems over I feel God has taken on the burden and I feel lighter and happier. I know I will find work and a way to pay my bills. Praise you Lord!

Thank you, Sue, for a great message. Also, thank you for including my rose with these beautiful items.

 
On April 3, 2011 at 10:14 AM , Dennis said...

Sue thanks for your wonderful post. We struggle with letting go and letting the Lord handle our stuggles and worries. Be praying for you this week, and thanks for posting my card. Dennis

 
On April 3, 2011 at 10:41 AM , Sherri Ward said...

I loved this post Sue! Peace is something I have been "meditating" on lately - that it is something the Lord really does want us to have!

And what beautiful items!

 
On April 3, 2011 at 1:40 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

God is so good! He always knows what to put on my heart to write about.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On April 3, 2011 at 3:45 PM , paulthea said...

We serve and awesome God, don't we! What a beautiful piece you wrote and absolutely lovely collection to go with it!

Thank you, Darling for adding my Delightful Daffodils - what an honor!

Gratefully Yours
Thea x x x

 
On April 3, 2011 at 5:49 PM , Melanie said...

This is something I have to work on constantly.. don't let myself get stresed, but instead hand it all over to God. Thanks for a great post!

 
On April 3, 2011 at 5:49 PM , Miranda said...

Dear Sue,

Thank you for sharing His word.
It gave me peace.
Glory be to God!!!

Greetings,
Miranda

 
On April 3, 2011 at 6:13 PM , Donna (Twinmountainpottery) said...

Sue, what a beautiful post. It is so true how stress can eat away but only if we would just give all of our cares to God.

 
On April 3, 2011 at 6:45 PM , Anonymous said...

Sue, thank you for featuring my brooch pin and sharing this Sunday Scripture. I love this part,"you will find rest for your soul". Yes, learning to trust Him in every situation and rest is not an easy thing to do. I'm still learning myself. Rest means not to worry or stress because He handles every situation in His own way, everything is already done and the key is already in our hand. All we need to do is to trust and rest. " And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God (Romans 8:28). Thank you so much Sue {{hugs}}

Many Blessings,
Natalia- ElnaDesigns

 
On April 3, 2011 at 6:56 PM , Art and Sew Forth said...

Thank you, Sue. In these times it is so hard to stay worry free. A good reminder. And what pretty choices. I love that bunny!

 
On April 3, 2011 at 8:32 PM , shamrockstudio said...

Thanks so much for posting my bunny gourd! It's such a blessing to be a part of this wonderful CAST team!This scripture is especially meaningful to me today as I look to Him for guidance concerning a situation That may greatly affect my future.
Thanks for being here!
Demetra Shamrock Studio

 
On April 3, 2011 at 11:30 PM , Angelic Emypress said...

Wow this is an AWESOME post. I notice when I get stressed, its so easy to become irritated at others. I know that its time for me to step back, get in my quiet place and spend time with God.

Thanks for the word :)
Amanda

 
On April 3, 2011 at 11:41 PM , pfd said...

Sue - Thank you for sharing your heart through this wonderful verse and reminding us of God's ability to handle what we think only we can!

 
On April 4, 2011 at 1:59 PM , Susan Windsor said...

Dear Sue,

Thank you for the encouraging post! I needed that. :)

Thank you also for including my honey watercolor! I definitely feel honored.

God bless!