I have been thinking about what our topic would be this friday.  I was leafing through some magazines and came across this article by Joyce Meyer about Serving God by Serving Others. 



http://www.etsy.com/listing/48609337/love-charm-ankle-bracelet-with-pink

When I first joined Etsy, I came in as a customer only.  I joined another Christian team in here and after a few months decided to open a shop.  During that time and up until now, I have discovered that I get so much more satisfaction by doing things for others.  Someone once mentioned to me that this was a sort of ministry.  I want to say now that I am extremely humble about this subject. 



http://www.etsy.com/listing/69159200/ooak-barn-wood-horses-wedding-signature

The thing is that I want everyone else to feel the same as me, but everyone is here for so many different reasons, one of which is to sell their items in their shops.  I realize that I am at a completely different stage of life than most.  I am 65, collecting Social Security.  I am pretty content with what I have in my life and after God, my children, grandchildren and parents come next.  I have to also include my pets to whom I owe my emotional stability at times. Pets are very calming.



http://www.etsy.com/listing/46806405/cat-magnet-gray-love-magneticat


http://www.etsy.com/listing/68751282/hot-pink-cat-heart-ornament-handcrafted
 

This is coming from my heart; I wish I could help everyone by buying something from them, maybe someones' first sale, maybe the 100th sale.  It is sometimes an urgent feeling to contribute anything I can, but the negative thing is that I want everyone else to feel the same way, by clicking on treasuries, looking at new listings, reading blogs, making sure I don't miss a word on the thread, especially prayer requests.



http://www.etsy.com/listing/63899610/two-hearts-sisters-5x7-art-card-print
 I have to realize that not everyone has the time, there are moms taking care of children, people who have jobs, busy families and most of you are serving others in your real lives.  This team is a lot of my reality.



http://www.etsy.com/listing/64686059/i-heart-you-handmade-felt-heart-brooch

http://www.etsy.com/listing/65414791/i-love-jesus-necklace-on-glass-tile

I could quote Scripture here about how the Apostle's served the Lord but we all know that.  I guess what I am saying IS that we all need to do what our hearts (our heart is where the Holy Spirit resides) tell us to do.

Sue Anderson
mysavior.etsy.com

Comments (16)

On March 3, 2011 at 9:50 PM , Anonymous said...

Sue, thank you so much for the feature. I'm new at Etsy and decided to open ElnaDesigns last September 2010. For me creating tresuries are a great way to reach-encourage-tell the world about God's love and what He said for us-about us. I'm glad I found Etsy and CAST. Many Blessings :)

 
On March 3, 2011 at 9:59 PM , Art and Sew Forth said...

I think it is so wonderful that after serving for many years in many different roles you are still finding service to be where the fulfillment lies. It is a real blessing to know that you are so devoted to your virtual family with all your encouragement, advice, prayer, and scripture. That is why you are a leader! Thank you for all you do. And thank you for including my kitty magnet!

 
On March 3, 2011 at 10:02 PM , pfd said...

Sue, Your ministry is so meaningful to each person on our team. God has blessed each one of us with your encouragement and kind words!

 
On March 3, 2011 at 10:31 PM , artsyclay said...

Thanks for all you do! I am thankful for the opportunities I have to serve the Lord through a full-time job, spending time with family and friends, creating clay art, online shops, craft shows and directing my church choir. Never a dull moment!

Thank you so much for choosing my kitty to be among all these beautiful pieces!

 
On March 3, 2011 at 10:36 PM , Forever Andrea said...

Thank you Sue, for caring so much about us all. It really does help to know that this team is there for me in many ways. Advice, an encouraging word, someone to chat with. Blessed is what we are who have you and this team. Praise be to GOD Almighty!

 
On March 3, 2011 at 10:48 PM , GBMBdesign said...

Blessings on this Thursday night! It has been a blast to be part of the Castteam, I have met wonderful people! Thanks for all your nice comments, they make my heart smile!

 
On March 3, 2011 at 11:41 PM , Unknown said...

Thank you Sue - you are a treasure!

 
On March 3, 2011 at 11:44 PM , Bing ReMade said...

Love you Sue!! I often wish I could spend more time in the chat thread, there is just always so much to do. Love the blog!! Blessings to all :0)

 
On March 4, 2011 at 6:12 AM , myeuropeantouch said...

Morning Sue, you are a gift, a gift to all of us for setting an example and wanting to do so much more.
Right now I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind words you expressed here. I think servitude is in all our hearts. We are all doing our very, very best to serve the lord.
Love you and thank you for sharing...
Monika

 
On March 4, 2011 at 8:17 AM , Leah R. Hood, Jewelry Designer & Artisan said...

Good morning!
I enjoyed reading your post Sue. I'm not new to joining the team, but new to getting involved. I just recently began to fully grasp how the community and thread features work on ETSY. One of my struggles in life is trying to find the balance between serving and the things I "have to do." The message at my church last week focused on how EVERYTHING in our lives as Christians is God's and so whatever we do, it should be with an attitude of worship and service, not ownership. I appreciate your words of encouragement as we all daily try to live out our faith in ALL that we do.

-Leah

 
On March 4, 2011 at 12:42 PM , Tricia said...

Thank you Sue for a wonderful post here on the blog today, and for all you do for this team! I still feel like a newbie most of the time, and I appreciate the service you give to the CASTteam! Be blessed as you ARE a blessing to me!
Tricia

 
On March 4, 2011 at 2:55 PM , Tiffany said...

Thank you so much for including my card

 
On March 4, 2011 at 5:21 PM , Sue Runyon said...

Thanks so much, Sue. You are the glue that helps to hold this team together. Thanks for all you do. Wonderful CAST items. What a great team!

 
On March 4, 2011 at 5:39 PM , SHEILA said...

I agree with all the comments. Sue you are such a sweet supportive member of this team. You have probably helped or at least touched each member here in one way or another. And your encouragement for everyone to try to do the same (at least as much as we can) is inspiring.
And, I'm glad we are here for you too!

 
On March 5, 2011 at 4:42 PM , watercolors said...

Sue, lovely inspiration post. This is a great place to network with likeminded Christians and minister to each needs.

Great shop picks as well.
Roxanne

 
On March 7, 2011 at 12:11 AM , Amber D. Mcnabb said...

Ms. Sue you are definitely a blessing. I am very thankful that at this point in your life, you have the time to create such wonderfully inspirational posts. Love to you.
~Amber