You, LORD, keep my lamp burning;
my God turns my darkness into light. Psalm 18:28




We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.
  Hebrews 6:19

Faith, Hope, Love sterling silver Valentine's heart necklace
Sissie's Pretties Custom Designed Jewelry


In peace I will lie down and sleep,

for you alone, LORD,
make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8

Wordz From the Heart Snippet Ornament - PEACE - Stitched From Recycled Vintage Quilt Piece
Wordz of Life


I love music!  I can't tell you the number of times God has spoken to me thru the lyrics of a song.  And, because of this, music is many times my "go to".  Not just when life is a little rocky, or I've had a bad day, but also when all is right.  Whether I need words to pick me up, carry me along, or rejoice... I can almost always find them in a song.
One of my favorites over the last year or so has been "God of this City" by Chris Tomlin.  It has touched me in so many different ways.  It has been a reminder of the many that are hurting that I walk past everyday.   It has convicted me as I thought of the ways I could be the hands and feet of God in the city where I live.
This last week, though, I focused on a different part of this song.  I was traveling and as my flight was homeward bound Thursday evening, I pulled out my Ipod and settled in for some rest, relaxation and a bit of quiet worship.  This song came on and these are the words that caught my attention....
"You're the Light in this darkness
You're the Hope to the hopeless
You're the Peace to the restless
You are"
Those four lines are such an awesome reminder of what we have as followers of God. 
Light.
Hope.
Peace.
Outside of the gift of eternal life, I can't think of much better.  Those 3 words cover so much as we walk our daily journey on this earth.  God lights our path, gives us hope in trials, and gives us peace thru it all.
My prayer today is that we would experience God's LIGHT, HOPE and PEACE and we walk forward thru today and the week ahead.

Happy Sunday!









Comments (10)

On January 16, 2011 at 7:33 AM , watercolors said...

Wonderful reminder today - God's LIGHT, HOPE and PEACE.

Thanks for the post, Roxanne

 
On January 16, 2011 at 9:34 AM , Unknown said...

I too love music! Music for joy & happiness, music during times of sadness, & music to worship by! Love & light to all!!!

 
On January 16, 2011 at 10:06 AM , Sue Runyon said...

We sang that song often in church when I lived in Las Vegas. Everyone needed that reminder that God had dominion over all there. Thanks, Melanie

 
On January 16, 2011 at 11:42 AM , LoriDelisle said...

Beautiful. I personally get much design inspiration through music and worship. Thanks for featuring my "Light in the Darkness" earrings.

 
On January 16, 2011 at 12:40 PM , SHEILA said...

Thank you for a beautiful Sunday post.

 
On January 16, 2011 at 1:04 PM , myeuropeantouch said...

Thank you Melanie. I KNOW God works tru music...When Ic ame home from church today my heart is so filled with joy, I feel I am bursting...
Monika

 
On January 16, 2011 at 1:09 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Thank you Melanie!
He is the Light in my darkness.

I feel the same way as Monika - my heart bursts with the love of the Lord through music.

♥♥♥

 
On January 16, 2011 at 8:27 PM , Christie Cottage said...

Beautiful post!

Thank you

<><

 
On January 17, 2011 at 12:04 AM , pfd said...

I am often amazed at the beautiful words of song writers and the way they are sung. Great words of encouragement.

 
On January 17, 2011 at 3:03 PM , Julie Riisnaes said...

Great piece! I am also very touched by music and I love worship songs with great words.