"Pleasant words are a honeycomb,
   sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."
Proverbs 16:24 (NIV)

Apricot seed and honey soap by Luscious Lather

Every time I read these words from Proverbs, I am struck by how important it is for me to watch what I say and think carefully before I open my mouth.  For someone who usually doesn't have any problems with verbalising her thoughts, it is far too easy for me to hurt or tear down others with thoughtless and insensitive words.  I'm not saying that there isn't a time and place for rebuking or other "strong" words, but I still need to rebuke or make a stand in a godly and righteous way.  It's something I really struggle with, and I am sure that there are others who do too.

 Keepsake baby bracelet by Forever Andrea

I don't have a sure fire solution, but I think acknowledging my sin, constantly reminding myself of what God's word has to say about the issue and praying about the problem are all ways to ensure that I speak words that are "sweet to the soul".  Do you struggle with how you use your words?  Or would you simply like to be even more encouraging and uplifting towards others?  Perhaps it is something you could think about and pray about after you have enjoyed browsing these beautiful honey-coloured finds from our talented CAST members.



Golden honey earrings by Ocean Breeze

Handknit baby mitts by Baruch's Lullaby

Vintage butterscotch bracelet by My Shining Lights

Comments (12)

On January 14, 2011 at 11:52 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Thanks Deb. I think most of us need that reminder. Beautiful glowing items from the CAST Team!

 
On January 14, 2011 at 1:58 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Deb - thank you so much!

It has taken years, walking with the Lord, for me to get to where I am today. Still not "perfect" about my words but so much further than years ago. This message is something I wish I could have learned in my youth. But - better late than never. We represent the Lord with our words.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On January 14, 2011 at 4:14 PM , Christie Cottage said...

Wonderful post!

<><

 
On January 14, 2011 at 6:38 PM , Unknown said...

I always feel like I have my foot in my mouth! I usually end up having to clarify what I actually meant b/c what I said came out wrong. :)

 
On January 14, 2011 at 7:39 PM , myeuropeantouch said...

Very well expressed...I wish I was doing well in that department. But English is my second language and I am still learning...
Thanks for sharing

 
On January 14, 2011 at 8:22 PM , sammysgrammy said...

Very timely word, Deb. Even etsy admin. is softening it up a bit. And the president admonished us too, to abandon divisive speech.

 
On January 15, 2011 at 3:54 AM , Luscious Lather said...

One of my favorite scriptures, Deb! Encouraging others is so important and makes a huge difference not only in someone's day, but in their life. Thank you for featuring my soaps in this beautiful post! I am indeed honored. ♥

 
On January 15, 2011 at 7:57 AM , watercolors said...

Insightful post and a good reminder. I tend to offer more info than necessary, which I'm praying about.
We are a constant product, always improving.
(hopefully).
Roxanne

 
On January 15, 2011 at 7:58 AM , watercolors said...

Love the honeycomb influenced picks. Great.

 
On January 15, 2011 at 8:41 AM , Forever Andrea said...

Oh wow, this is something so important. I have typically been on the receiving end of hurtful words, and they can break you. I always want to remember to be kind with my words, and remember that "sticks and stones can break your bones, but words can break your soul." Thank you for this post.

 
On January 15, 2011 at 11:07 AM , Linda said...

What a timely reminder. Having a struggle with my soon to be teen.

 
On January 15, 2011 at 2:38 PM , sacra vim said...

Good word, Deb! Thanks so much for including our little honey mittens. :)