by Cindy Knight of cksilver

Introducing: Mimi Jiries (aka BijiBijoux)

Introduction
My name is Mimi Jiries and my shop’s name is BijiBijoux. I am married and a mother for three children Sami is 24, Sandy 21 and Simon 15. My former job was as an accountant but I quit my job after a car accident. I was forced to stay home to do a lot of physical therapy and lots of doctors visit. I became a full-time stay at home mom. I love watching Christian TV and listen to all kind of Christian songs.

How did you get your start on Etsy?
My hobby is making beaded jewelry. I've been creating jewelry pieces for over a two years. I started out showing my work at local art shows and have been so encouraged by the response that I've decided to branch online. I love to work with high-quality glass beads and Swarovski crystals. I also use gemstones, freshwater pearls, and wood in my creations.

My son helped me to design a web site to sell my jewelry there but I didn’t make any profit from the web site. It needed lot of work and it didn’t get lot of traffic so I decided not to renew the website again. A cashier on the fabric store referred me to Etsy. So I opened an account with Etsy and started selling there.

How did I come up with my shop’s name
I was trying to find something people to remember and fun at the same time. Off course I tried so many names at the beginning and then I decided to name my shop BijiBijoux.

I picked first two letters of my last name which is Bi and added my husband’s two letters of his last name which is Ji and put them together Biji and the other word is Bijoux means jewelry in French so I came up with the name of my shop which is BijiBijoux.

What does a typical day look like for you?
I get up at 7am and get the breakfast ready for my husband and children. After I finish drinking my coffee and everybody leaves, I sit, read my bible, and pray for the family. I check my email (and of course check out my Etsy), clean, cook, shop and walk the dog.

If you could be anywhere in the world for one day, where would it be?
I would want to visit the Holy Land and Bethlehem, where Jesus was born.

What is your favorite Bible verse?
I really love the whole book and can’t say I have a favorite. There are so many verses that are my favorite but this one is the best:

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

URLs to where else we can find you on the internet:
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BijiBijoux
Blog: http://www.bijibijoux.blogspot.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bijibijoux#!/pages/Bensenville-IL/Biji-Bijoux/114091478612734

Please take a moment and visit Mimi's shop, and give her some love!


And the winner of last week's giveaway from Jana's shop by way of random.org is... Drumroll please... Stephanie! Congratulations! Look for the convo I'm sending you both.

Comments (18)

On December 15, 2010 at 1:34 PM , 42 things said...

Biji is a sweetie! I'm glad you featured her.

 
On December 15, 2010 at 1:46 PM , BijiBijoux said...

Thank you for featuring my shop in your wonderful blog!

 
On December 15, 2010 at 1:52 PM , Crystal said...

Great feature :) and artist of course

 
On December 15, 2010 at 2:17 PM , roseysdolltreasures said...

Such a wonderful article. Biji is a great artist of fine jewelry. Thank you for featuring her.

 
On December 15, 2010 at 2:24 PM , bountyofbeads said...

Biji is one of my favorite Etsy Artists and fellow Christians. Great job!!!

 
On December 15, 2010 at 2:29 PM , Just Scraps N Things said...

Wonderful feature! Love the story behind the name and her shop!

 
On December 15, 2010 at 2:33 PM , Linda B said...

Biji is a wonderful artist. Thanks for featuring her.

 
On December 15, 2010 at 3:05 PM , Sue Runyon said...

So great to get to know you better, Mimi. Wonderful to have you on the CAST Team!

 
On December 15, 2010 at 3:06 PM , Unknown said...

Beautiful work from Biji

 
On December 15, 2010 at 3:13 PM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

Gorgeous, Mimi! Great feature. :)

 
On December 15, 2010 at 3:21 PM , Unknown said...

Lovely to see you featured here Biji and to learn a little more about you!

Jocelyn

 
On December 15, 2010 at 5:17 PM , Julie Riisnaes said...

Really nice to meet Biji! - Great work!

 
On December 15, 2010 at 9:10 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Great to meet you Biji and your jewelry is gorgeous.


♥♥♥
Sue

 
On December 15, 2010 at 9:56 PM , watercolors said...

Nice meeting you Mimi. Nice shop.
Roxanne

 
On December 15, 2010 at 10:23 PM , BijiBijoux said...

Thank you so much for all the sweet comments!

 
On December 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM , Ickady Bag said...

Nice to know you. Great shop and great person. :)

 
On December 17, 2010 at 12:55 AM , pfd said...

Cindy - great job on the feature.
Mimi - love the name of the shop and love your shop... especially this amber necklace:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/41001880/until-christmas-eve-20-o-amber-glass

 
On December 17, 2010 at 10:46 PM , BijiBijoux said...

Thank you PFD!