Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.  1 Peter 5:7






Lately, I've had much on my mind.  Some of it not that great in the grand scheme of things, others that are more concerning and more difficult to handle.  Everything from job stress, to loved one with health issues, to difficult family situations, and the daily "how am I going to get it all done?".

To top it off, I tend to be a worrier.  I don't let go of my worries easily.

Friday morning I visited the CAST Team Facebook Page and checked out the Shop of the Day.  As I browsed through the many lovely items listed, the one above jumped out at me.  As I read, God spoke to me loud and clear.  I'm holding on to my worries... I'm trying to carry the load alone... I'm not trusting Him enough to handle and work things out.  He does have a plan -- a good one at that -- but I'm not letting go and letting Him carry out that plan while trusting that He knows best.

I know in my head and in my heart it is right thing to do.  My human self doesn't always follow suit.  So, as I sit here typing, I'm trying to let God have it all.  Honestly, it's a struggle.  But, I know that once I do completely let go, He will carry it and the load will lighten.  It will be a relief and it will be so freeing.

I know this isn't necessarily a bright and chipper post.  However, I know that we all can rely on God to carry our worries for us.  And, that is the message I want to share tonight -- we serve a God that loves us so much that he will carry our load and lighten our way.

As I type it is Saturday evening.  As I pray this evening to give it all to God, I'll pray for you, too.  That whatever load you may be carrying, that you will be able to fully and completely turn it over to God.  I'll be praying that we all awake on Sunday morning refreshed, renewed, and with a lighter load to carry.


Happy Sunday!


Comments (11)

On November 20, 2010 at 11:41 PM , pfd said...

Melanie - Great way to start off a Sunday... being reminded to give our worries to God. Of course, easier said then done. But we just keep trying more and more. The Lord will honor our efforts. Thanks for the great post!

 
On November 20, 2010 at 11:42 PM , Melanie said...

Wow! I am in awe right now. I have been a member of the CAST team for almost a year now and have never posted. I have enjoyed seeing the Facebook posts lately and this one almost felt like God was actually turning my head and saying, "Melanie READ this!!!!!" I have had a horrible week and everything that could have possibly gone wrong did and more. I have also been feeling very discouraged lately regarding similar big life issues that you mentioned. My mouth almost dropped open when I saw, too, that we are both Melanie's! LOL
God is good and I wish that my human sinfulness wouldn't get in the way so often. You said this wasn't a cheery post, but I disagree. Your post has given me hope! Thank you for sharing and for your heartfelt transparency. :-)

Melanie
SqueakyBug Specialties
http:/SqueakyBug.etsy.com
http://SqueakyBug.blogspot.com

 
On November 21, 2010 at 12:02 AM , Unknown said...

I think this is a wonderful reminder we all need often! I know I am guilty of trying to do it all alone. Thank you!!!!

 
On November 21, 2010 at 8:38 AM , watercolors said...

Absolutely hard to hand it over to God. We ALL struggle with that. A great reminder. Thanks for posting.
Roxanne

 
On November 21, 2010 at 9:16 AM , myeuropeantouch said...

I am too struggling and when I let go, I am elated that God does. Such a good feeling, we should be addicted to that good feeling of letting go, but we struggle in our "human-ness"
Great post, thanks for sharing...
Monika

 
On November 21, 2010 at 9:32 AM , Sue Runyon said...

It's it wonderful how God can use an item from a shop to speak to someone as a reminder. Thanks, Melanie for sharing that with us!

 
On November 21, 2010 at 10:11 AM , Christie Cottage said...

I am reminded of the saying, Let go and Let GOD.

Have a blessed day!

<><

 
On November 21, 2010 at 10:12 AM , RockinJ9designs said...

So what I needed this morning, thank you!

 
On November 21, 2010 at 12:20 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Melanie-BeadsnStyle - thank you so much for your sharing. This is what we need for sincere fellowship.
God is so Awesome!
Melanie - SqueakyBug - thank you for letting us know your shop! I am going to check it out.
I do have to remind myself to give my burdens to the Lord but what a relief when I do.
♥♥♥
Sue

 
On November 21, 2010 at 3:38 PM , JulieandMax said...

Very timely reminder - Thank you for sharing what God's put on your heart :-)

 
On November 21, 2010 at 6:40 PM , Tricia said...

Very good timing on this post. Right before the Christmas season when we all try to carry way too much. Thank you for sharing this wonderful message to us!