Do you have a trusty old recipe box stowed away somewhere in your kitchen? Is it filled with food smeared, dog eared, tried and true recipes collected over many years? I was hunting for a recipe to share with you on the CAST blog and it was in this box that I searched.


The one I chose to share with you is one given to me by a friend from a "cell group" I attended many years ago. Our meetings always ended with dessert (provided by one of the members) and coffee and this one was my all-time favorite. It has subsequently become a favorite in our home too. It's easy to put together, very economical and is and looks very yummy.



ECLAIR DESSERT



Beat 2 packages of instant vanilla pudding with 3 cups of milk. (French Vanilla if you can find it). To this, fold in an 8 oz. container of Cool Whip. Set aside.



Layer whole graham crackers onto the bottom of a 9"x13" pan. Spread out 1/2 of the pudding mixture onto the graham crackers. Layer whole graham crackers on top of the pudding mixture, then spread the remaining pudding mixture onto the second layer of grahams. Top with a final layer of grahams. Refrigerate.



TOPPING GLAZE: Melt 2 squares of unsweetened chocolate in double boiler, add 3 tablespoons of margerine, 1 teasp. of vanilla, 3 tablespoons of white Karo corn syrup, 3 tablespoons of milk and 1 1/4 cup of powdered sugar. Mix well. (does not need beating)Immediately pour over the top of "eclair" and refrigerate until serving time.



Here are some castteammates who have the cutest "foodie" items in their shops. Please give them some luvn'.......


teacupdesigns http://www.etsy.com/listing/44270264/assorted-set-of-6-2x2-summer-mini-cards

starrydeborah1 http://www.etsy.com/listing/53554201/teacup-aceo-in-red


geminiartworks http://www.etsy.com/listing/50547695/lets-have-a-party-cupcake-tray

syoderart http://www.etsy.com/listing/20069114/honey-and-lemon-%20limited-edition-giclee

by Rita of sammygrammy



Comments (6)

On November 11, 2010 at 9:36 AM , Zuda said...

Oooo Yummy! And yummy items as well. :) Thanks for the recipe, Rita.

 
On November 11, 2010 at 11:11 AM , MYSAVIOR said...

This sounds Delish and Decadent. You should call it the D&D Eclair.

My mom has the huge cookbook with all the loose recipes stuck inside. She said that she is going to give it to me. :o)

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On November 11, 2010 at 12:13 PM , Sue Runyon said...

10 years ago, when my grandmother died, I took on the project of collecting her recipes and other favorite recipes from four generations in my family--at least one recipe from every person. I compiled them into a cook book and we had over 100 copies printed and bound. It included a family tree, lots of family photos, poems my grandmother always quoted and other info that we wanted everyone in the family to have. We are still getting requests for more of them and almost everyone in our family uses it continually. I think we'll have to have a new edition soon. These things are real treasures.

 
On November 11, 2010 at 3:10 PM , Tricia Graft said...

My mouth is watering after reading that yummy recipe. I'm gonna have to go out and get the ingredients to make that. I think my hubby would like! Wonderful yummy items also!

 
On November 11, 2010 at 7:25 PM , pfd said...

This is a favorite church recipe... my DH absolutely loves it and would eat the whole pan if he could!

 
On November 11, 2010 at 8:55 PM , Colleen said...

Oh my, that sounds like a crowd pleaser! And it sounds like you've seen my mother's recipe box. It's 50 years old and FILLED with many wonderful recipes. Sue, the cookbook you put together sounds like a labor of love, a real treasure for all who own one. And those little cupcake charms are too darn cute! Thanks!