On the CAST blog we try to keep the design plain and simple and easy to read. We picked a larger font size so that those with small screens or "mature" eyesight wouldn't have too much trouble with it. Please let me know if you it's still difficult for any of you. We're happy to change if it's needed.

Other sites, like Facebook, have recently made their fonts smaller in order to fit more on a page "above the fold" since not everyone likes to scroll. Sites try to strike a balance been font size and fitting as much above the fold as possible.

A handy tip, which I discovered by hitting the wrong keys on my keyboard, is to press and hold the "CTRL" key while pressing the "+" key. This will zoom in a little so that the font is easier to read. You can also make the print smaller with the "-" key in the same way.

One of our blog team goals is to make this a joyful, refreshing place on the internet and it can't be that for people if they can't read our posts.

Give this a try!

by Sue of SueRunyonDesigns

Comments (6)

On November 4, 2010 at 10:52 AM , watercolors said...

Sue R, thanks for the tip on zooming.
Roxanne

 
On November 4, 2010 at 12:03 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Thank you, Sue. I have a setting on my screen that I have up to 150%. I can use all the help I can get.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On November 4, 2010 at 7:05 PM , pfd said...

Great tip. I had just learned this from my son a week ago and thought is was cool!

 
On November 4, 2010 at 7:50 PM , ShadowCutter said...

ah I wondered what had happened to my facebook homepage! thought it was my computer. silly facebook...
I did do that ctrl+ thing, I had learned that from a neighbor. ;-)

 
On November 4, 2010 at 10:37 PM , Lizzi said...

Thanks Sue! My laptop has another way of doing it where people accidentally change the size by accident alll the time...I will definitely use that for other computers though...My eyes aren't even mature and I have that problem lol.

 
On November 5, 2010 at 8:24 AM , Christie Cottage said...

I love large font! My email is set at 14 :-)

<><