He says, “Be still, and know that I am God
Psalm 46:10


The storms of life come and go. We can sit in fear huddled in a corner as when a tornado or hurricane is on its way or we can trust that our God will carry us through even though we think there will never be an end. While sitting in a hospital on a dark stormy night I was reminded of all the storms that the Lord has brought me through and wrote the following.

The wind hollers, the windows shudder
Even the curtains begin to sway
The temperature is dipping, the air makes me shiver
As the cold of winter demands its time

There was a season in my life
When the wind’s voice could make me quake
I dreaded the drama of lightning and thunder
And bitter cold permeated deep into my being

But I learned to be quiet, to sit, to listen
To my God’s calm reassuring whisper
Relaxing in His words echoed in the wind,
In His might and power on dark stormy nights.

Somehow in the unsurety of
This chaotic, crazy stressful world
What once created a heart full of fear
Now brings a sense of comfort and peace

It now reminds me that God controls
The heavens and the earth, the winds and the rains.
And at long last I can sleep restfully and be still
Being fully assured that He is God

Fill my heart with joy
when their grain and new wine abound.
In peace I will lie down and sleep,
for you alone, LORD,
make me dwell in safety.
Psalm 4:7-8

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Once again here are some wonderful Etsy shops... please check them out!




Rainy day in New York
by MYSAVIOR


















London/France necklace
by wearableartbypixie

















The Wind and The Rain by Wenchie
















Midnight rain earrings by RainDropNotions

Comments (12)

On November 8, 2010 at 6:06 AM , Anonymous said...

I really needed to hear this <3 What beautiful storm themed art, there are such wonderfully gifted people in CAST, I'm blessed to be a part of it! :)

 
On November 8, 2010 at 7:22 AM , Christie Cottage said...

This is a beautiful post.

Wishing all a blessed day!
<><

 
On November 8, 2010 at 7:44 AM , pfd said...

Sharon, I'm very blessed to be a part of the team too! Phyllis

 
On November 8, 2010 at 8:26 AM , Sue Runyon said...

It's raining here this morning. Beautiful poem. Thanks for the scripture and the really neat CAST Team items. It's so great to come here every morning!

 
On November 8, 2010 at 8:36 AM , watercolors said...

We ALL experience the storms of life, but PTL, there is the SON SHINE!

Roxanne

 
On November 8, 2010 at 8:36 AM , MYSAVIOR said...

Phyllis - you are such a gifted writer. Thank you so much - these words mean so much to me.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On November 8, 2010 at 8:58 AM , ChocolateDogStudio said...

Lovely post. Thanks for writing it to remind us again of peace after the storms.

 
On November 8, 2010 at 11:41 AM , Unknown said...

Amazing post! Sometimes we... okay, A LOT OF TIMES we forget to seek God when we feel hopeless and frustrated. He's always there, just waiting for us to call His name.

Thanks for including me with some VERY talented artists in this post!!!

~Bethany

 
On November 8, 2010 at 12:46 PM , Tricia said...

absolutely beautiful! Be blessed

 
On November 8, 2010 at 2:37 PM , sammysgrammy said...

Beautiful post, Phyllis. That's the safe place, isn't it? In the secret place of the Most High?

I love the items you chose to accompany your thoughts.

 
On November 8, 2010 at 3:13 PM , Unknown said...

So very beautiful. Thank you!
a crafting heart

 
On November 10, 2010 at 7:36 AM , Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

A lovely post and some beautiful CAST creations! Especially love the springtime rain art work. :)