Glacier in Alaska
(taken by my friend John
who lives there)
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV)

http://www.etsy.com/listing/47237116/ceramic-tile-coasters-what-a-friend-we


On Friday, I attended a Bible Study at a nursing home here in town. I was looking around the table at the elderly people who came and decided to just sit still and listen.  I noticed that the older we get the more and more we focus on the Lord. I must admit that I was wondering how much they focused on Jesus when they were "living" their lives, not because I was being critical but because I want to be sure that God is first in my life NOW.


http://www.etsy.com/listing/41384611/psalm-33-vs-1
 I want to be able to be in my 80's and say, yes, I have been walking with Jesus for the past however many years.  I would love to say that before 7 years ago, my entire being belonged to the Lord but I can't.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/40997794/prayer-box-cylinder-pendant-ornament
I am sure that I may sound over exhuberant at times but I want everyone to put God first in their lives because everything just falls into place after that. I want little children to know how important the Lord is.


http://www.etsy.com/listing/20216926/urban-love-in-graffiti-original-collage
 I, of all people, know how life gets in the way and we lose our focus.
Do you lose your focus or do you walk side by side with God?

Sue Anderson
MYSAVIOR.etsy.com

Comments (9)

On October 16, 2010 at 9:35 PM , pfd said...

A very thoughtful post. I am forever working on keeping my focus in check. It is easier as I get older...age helps put thing in perspective. Thanks for the scripture and great pics.

 
On October 16, 2010 at 10:51 PM , Melanie said...

Great post! I think that it is easier to put it all in perspective as we get older. Sadly, I do lose my focus at times, but my desire is to give God a greater focus with each passing day.

 
On October 17, 2010 at 6:30 AM , myeuropeantouch said...

What is it, when we are younger, life get's in the way of focusing, I guess.
So many other things are important to us in our younger years and we don't realize God still holds us in his hand ALL the time. He never leaves us.

 
On October 17, 2010 at 9:38 AM , Christie Cottage said...

Wonderful, thought provoking post.
God hangs out with me everyday!

I hope that HE is present in my actions all the time. Saying that, I need to hurry up and get ready for church.

Have a wonderful day!

<><

 
On October 17, 2010 at 9:45 AM , Angela's Heartwork said...

Great post!! Something to reflect on for sure! Thank you for including my Psalm 33:1. Have a beautiful week!

 
On October 17, 2010 at 10:05 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Thanks, Sue. I'm trying to keep my focus better and "be still" sometimes. Great items. Thanks for featuring my prayer box pendant.

 
On October 17, 2010 at 6:25 PM , Judi said...

Wonderful post, Sue! "For me to live is Christ..." I try to remember also, "Only one life, twill soon be past; only what's done for Christ will last!"

 
On October 17, 2010 at 8:47 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Judi - I love that!! Thank You!!


♥♥♥
Sue

 
On October 18, 2010 at 1:54 PM , Aloquin said...

Beautiful sentiment! I love to think of Abraham, out under the stars, just talking with God like we talk to one another. If we focus on Him, and less on our surroundings (problems, people, etc.), we could all achieve closer relationship with Him. And that's what He wants!!! :)