Many times when we think of BIG faith and REAL Christian living, we think of the obvious heroic characters in the Bible.
But there are some unlikely heroes as well. People who we would not think God would use.

Take Rahab for example, a prostitute. When we think if a prostitute today, our immediate thought would probably be more likely to judge than to think of her as someone who God could use.
The reality is most of us have a past. Most of us have a history. Most of us were once without God in our lives. Reality is, we continue to be sinners. HOWEVER, God has mercy over us and grants us second chances...and third chances....and fourth chances.
"And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God"
1 Corinthians 6:11

He created Rahab with a purpose, He created US with a purpose. Just like you and me, Rahab and all others who don't have Jesus in their life today...we were all "fearfully and wonderfully" made.

"I thank you, High God-you're breathtaking! Body and Soul, I am marvelously made!"
Psalms 139:14

Many times we look at ourselves as those "unlikely heroes". We ask "But how could God want to use me?". Many times we are reminded of our past and doubt the HUGE purpose God has for us. Remember this:
Your HISTORY does not have to determine you DESTINY!


You might be an unlikely hero but go ahead STAND UP and live your faith OUT LOUD because regardless of what you were...now think of what you ARE!

People might want to remind you of your past....you remind them of your FUTURE!
But just as He has given you a future, don't forget where you came from. Share the love and mercy of our God with those who have no hope.

I will leave you with some of the lyrics to a beautiful song that I never get tired of hearing. It reminds me of God grace and mercy over my life...


God of Second Chances by Carlos Whittaker

You're the God of Second Chances
You're the God who still Romances
We're in awe before you now
And our hearts are bowing down
You're the God of all the ages
Who are we that You would save us
We're in awe before you now
And our hearts are crying out
Righteous Savior
By Your wounds we are healed
Your compassion draws us here
How amazing
Is the mercy of the Cross
That you would reach out for us


Hope you enjoy these great listings of recycled goods...kinda like how God did with us, from nothing...into something marvelous!



Grey and Red Flower Brooch-DreamWhimsy





Wristlest Clutch-KathysTotes





Plush Dog-DogBarks





Rustic Folf Art Garland-ReedemedByDesign
























Repurposed Paper Roses-Missisaau




In His Service,

Ana

Comments (11)

On August 6, 2010 at 4:39 AM , Unknown said...

What a wonderful post.

Thank you so much for including my paper roses.

 
On August 6, 2010 at 9:28 AM , GracedLace said...

What a beautiful message about how God makes us anew!

Thank you so much for including my key pendant in this Fab Friday entry.♥

 
On August 6, 2010 at 9:40 AM , pfd said...

Ana - there is so much truth to this post. I love the reminder that we are not our history. God is our Creator and He shapes us using our "history". We have the choice to embrace it as a part of who we are to bring more beauty to us or we can wallow in a victim mentality. Thank you for sharing.

Also great shops!

 
On August 6, 2010 at 10:14 AM , myeuropeantouch said...

Boy is that so true...I have a past like everyone else...but I do live in the now and future and how much God loves me/us. I shout it to everyone in my life and around me. If they want to hear it or not...(smile)
I am blessed...

 
On August 6, 2010 at 11:42 AM , Jan said...

A "perfect timing" post! Thank you so much for the reminder of God's amazing love!

 
On August 6, 2010 at 12:49 PM , Art and Sew Forth said...

Thank you, Ana! It is so easy to fall into the 'old'way of thinking rather than constantly working at renewing our minds to see things as God sees them. Great article! And thanks for including Elmer!

 
On August 6, 2010 at 12:50 PM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

Great post!! I love the story of Rahab and always am encouraged when I read it and am reminded that what we see on the outside often isn't what is on the inside.

 
On August 6, 2010 at 1:53 PM , Sarah said...

Thanks for this post! God is so good!

Great finds too!

♥Sarah♥

 
On August 6, 2010 at 4:38 PM , MYSAVIOR said...

Thank you! I always need reminding because that old soot face whispers in my ear to try to remind me of all the crumby things I did in the PAST. I am not that person anymore. Praise the Lord!

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On August 6, 2010 at 7:27 PM , Alesha said...

loved this post! thank you for sharing!

Alesha

 
On August 7, 2010 at 3:25 PM , Debra said...

Thank you so much for this. I am a work in progress, and going through a painful spot right now-but I know God is FOR me!
Thanks so much for the reminder!!
~Debra