You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.   Psalm 16:11




The paths God leads us down has always been a topic that intrigues me, amazes me, and causes me to trust God all the more.  I look at the many roads God has led me down and am sometimes completely amazed at where the path ended.  And, though many times God had to literally drag me down a certain path, I have never come to the end and found disappointment or sadness or pain.  God's paths have always led to joy and peace.  It has only been in the times I tried to lead that I found myself in a difficult place when I reached the end.

We can rest assured that God's paths will always be the ones that lead to joy and to life eternal.  Oh, it doesn't mean the road will be easy... many times it is the exact opposite.

I recently participated in a Bible Study about the deserts we experience in life.  It parallels these deserts with the journey of Moses and the Israelites through the wilderness after escaping slavery in Egypt.  That journey was long and hard, but for those that completed the journey it ended in The Promised Land

God promises us the same.  The journey may be long and hard, but there is a purpose.  God uses the deserts of our lives to grow us and strengthen us.

Take some time today to sit and listen to God.  Let Him take your hand and lead you down the path.  You knowthe one -- that glorious path that leads to "joy and eternal pleasures".

Have a blessed Sunday! 

Melanie/Beads-N-Style

Comments (9)

On August 22, 2010 at 12:11 AM , pfd said...

I really like this scripture with what you wrote about the paths of our lives. A good way to start our Sunday!

 
On August 22, 2010 at 12:59 AM , cksilver said...

Phyllis, love your post! It is always such a great reminder to focus more closely on God. Thanks for all you do for the CAST team!

 
On August 22, 2010 at 6:48 AM , myeuropeantouch said...

Part of my favorite 16 Psalm. How lovely interpreted by you. Thank you for sharing...
Monika

 
On August 22, 2010 at 10:14 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Thanks Melanie. Great way to start a Sunday morning. The references to paths throughout the Bible are very significant. Thanks!

 
On August 22, 2010 at 11:23 AM , MYSAVIOR said...

Thank you Melanie.
What struck me was when you mentioned that the paths we take on our own always have a particularly hurtful end while if we take the path that the Lord wants us to take, there is not pain at the end.
Wow - I would have saved myself so much pain if I had obeyed. Amen!
♥♥♥
Sue

 
On August 22, 2010 at 4:30 PM , Helen said...

Thanks for sharing this post with us. Psalm 16 has been my favorite Psalm for years and years. The Lord has used this passage to encourage me in so many ways throughout the years. Thanks for the reminder!

 
On August 23, 2010 at 2:43 PM , Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

Phyllis - Thanks for including one of my paintings!
-Trish

 
On August 25, 2010 at 12:09 PM , Unknown said...

I can always tell when I am not on the right path...
It is difficult, hurtful, tiresome, sad, mind draining...shall I go on?
Thank you Phyllis for your gift of words
Radyne

 
On August 25, 2010 at 12:42 PM , Unknown said...

Opps! I need to make a correction.
Thank you Melanie for your gift of words
Radyne