1 John 5
Faith in the Son of God
1Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. 2This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. 3This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, 4for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.
wordzoflife.etsy.com
http://www.etsy.com/listing/44983100/rustic-vintage-wood-cross-wall-hanging



All this week the word "obedience" kept popping up in my head specifically when I had to withstand a CT Scan with oral and IV contrast. Maybe this might be easy for some but for me---First, trying to drink 2 huge cups of liquid is monumental since I had lap band surgery and cannot drink more than a few sips at a time. I knew that this was something I was expected to do so I drank. An hour and one half later, I was done and went into the Scan room. Okay, so lying down on the moving table was, in itself, difficult because of my degenerative arthritis. They can never find my tiny little veins so it is an excavating expedition of needle probes until they ultimately say that they have to use the vein in the back of my hand. Then I had to put my arms straight up over my head and stay in that position for a good 10 to 15 minutes. I closed my eyes and prayed. "Lord, I know that this is something I have to do, please give me the strength to withstand the pain".

TheOldPostRoad.etsy.com
http://www.etsy.com/listing/46748773/trust-in-the-lord-original-scripture-art


I kept saying to myself that I have to be obedient.



blessedstitch.etsy.com
http://www.etsy.com/listing/54726268/king-size-pillow-case-with-the-word-of


There is nothing about taking Scripture and twisting it around to suit our needs. The Word is the Word , final answer.
I find that when I am obedient my life runs so much smoother.
BE STILL AND KNOW THAT HE IS OUR LORD!
angelasheartwork.etsy.com
http://www.etsy.com/listing/29487241/deuteronomy-31-vs-6

Have you had some times when you knew that OBEDIENCE would get you through?

Comments (9)

On August 28, 2010 at 8:02 PM , watercolors said...

Sue, a good word for all of us.
God does see us through and glad that your ordeal is behind you.
Roxanne

 
On August 28, 2010 at 8:24 PM , myeuropeantouch said...

Sue, how fitting and I can so relate. I was praying the entire time and never stopped. I am claustophobic, well you can imaging the rest. Thanks for reminding me once again that GOD is the only answer.
Monika

 
On August 28, 2010 at 9:26 PM , Christie Cottage said...

God will carry us thru those times we we cannot make it. All we have to do is acknowledge him.

God is wonderful!

I pray your test results are good!

<><

 
On August 29, 2010 at 8:05 AM , Angela's Heartwork said...

Amen Sue! I can so relate, especially today! I have to prep for a colonoscopy tomorrow so it is a clear liquid diet for me today & drinking magnesium citrate. Augh. This is my 4th colonoscopy in 6 years. It never gets easier. (I have Crohn's disease.) Anyways, thanks for including my Deuteronomy photo & for the words! I needed 'em today! ~Counting it all joy, 1 sip at a time! Angela

 
On August 29, 2010 at 10:00 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Thank you, Sue. Always so nice to come here on a Sunday morning early and get a great dose of scripture and wisdom.

Beautiful items from our CAST team.

 
On August 29, 2010 at 4:54 PM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

If we would just learn (and remember) that our life really does go much better when we are obedient to our Father. Great message, Sue! I'm glad you are on the other side of the test.

 
On August 29, 2010 at 9:14 PM , pfd said...

Sue, I pray the results will be good. Seems we all can relate to the health struggles of each other lately. thank you for sharing and bringing God's word to us.

 
On August 30, 2010 at 3:05 PM , Blessed Stitch said...

Dearest Sue,
God has warned us not to mess with His Word....I am so glad that you mentioned that. His Word is not to be manipulated with. It divides the bone from the marrow, sets the captives free, and pierces the darkness with His truth! May you continue to stand on His Word for you. His promises for you are in His Word. He is the Lifter of your head, Your Jehovah Shalom, Your Mighty Defender and The Comforter! May you bask in His peace, joy, love and healing today. May a fresh anointing fall upon you as you bask in His presence! All Glory to our King! In His love, Vicki

 
On September 2, 2010 at 3:42 PM , Princess Daffy said...

What a wonderful truth is revealed here regarding obedience!
I pray that all is well with you Sue, and that our Lord will continue to bless you and inspire you to share the truth of His word.

xox, Daffy