"You are gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in mercy, and one who relents concerning threatened judgment"  Jonah 4:2


Kawaii Ichthys Barrettes


I've recently been studying the book of Jonah. What jumps out to me time and time again is the grace and compassion God offers each one of us.

It matters not what our life circumstances are... God wants more than anything to be compassionate and merciful to us.  The people of Ninevah were evil -- about as evil as they come -- yet God wanted to give them one last chance to turn to Him.  He wanted them to know Him, to know His love, to live with him eternally.  Though Jonah fought God and ran from him when asked to go to the people of Ninevah, God continued to love Jonah, continued to be compassionate towards him, wanted to extend grace and mercy to Jonah.

That is how truly magnificent our Lord is at all times.  It matters not our circumstances.  Whether we live a life far away from God, whether we walk with Him daily, whether we run when asked to do what we do not want to do.... it matters not.  God still loves us.  God still extends grace and mercy and compassion.  God still wants us to accept Him and follow Him and will always accept us into His arms.  All we have to do is ask.


Happy Sunday!

Melanie/BeadsNStyle

Comments (6)

On July 25, 2010 at 12:11 AM , pfd said...

Melanie, this is so true and Jonah is a great story of God's love. Very nice post!

 
On July 25, 2010 at 9:48 AM , Vicki said...

What a wonderful post and so true. God is always waiting and willing, we are the ones who move away from him.

 
On July 25, 2010 at 10:51 AM , Sherri Ward said...

Thanks for sharing this. I love knowing that He will always love me no matter what - after all, I'm His child! Knowing that only makes me want to stay closer, not stray.

 
On July 25, 2010 at 11:08 AM , Unknown said...

What an awesome God we serve.

 
On July 25, 2010 at 11:50 AM , MYSAVIOR said...

God is so good! He gave me chance after chance. The Lord will always be first in my life.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On July 27, 2010 at 7:35 PM , Vanessa said...

God is amazingly good! He is my #1. I consult Him first on everything and He always provides me with inspiration and rest. This wonderful scripture was the inspiration for my invitation design :) A wonderful post Phyllis!! God bless XO Vanessa