by Rita of sammysgrammy

“And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord: and great shall be the peace of thy children.” Isaiah 54:13


This is the record of a little tete a tete between my granddaughter (a senior at Clemson University) and me on FaceBook in which a “family recipe” was successfully passed down from generation to generation.


~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~

Hi Gram!!

How are you doing? I'm getting ready to for my first summer class today.


Anyways, I was wondering I could get your recipe for your meatballs. I have been thinking about them and I would really like to try making them!


Thank so much!

Love and miss you!!

Lissy 

~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~


Hi Lissy....I'm missing meatballs too. Need to make some myself. Buy a pound or less of ground beef. (I buy a blend of veal/pork/beef). If you can get that, do. To that I add 3-5 slices of Italian bread, wet and squeezed out. Crumble this into your meat. Couple tbs. of fresh chopped parsley or tiny bit of dried. 1/4 cup of grated Romano cheese and one beaten egg. Pepper. Blend together with hands. Form into little footballs and brown in fry pan.

Note: they can be eaten just like this or put in your sauce. Don't leave in sauce more than an hour or they may disintegrate.


Mangia, mangia.......Grammy

~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~



Tonight I made meatballs for the first time ever with my Grandma's recipe and I also made ravioli and my own sauce and for dessert we had dirt pudding and it was all phenomenal! 

 by Rita of sammysgrammy

Comments (11)

On June 10, 2010 at 7:45 AM , Julie Riisnaes said...

Sounds delicious!

 
On June 10, 2010 at 9:11 AM , pfd said...

I really like that recipe and plan to try it out. Will you be featuring dirt pudding sometime? I enjoyed how you shared your grandma's email. That really personalized it! Thanks!

 
On June 10, 2010 at 9:34 AM , Sue Runyon said...

Thanks so much for another great looking recipe, Rita. All the recipes that I've tried of yours have been so good!

 
On June 10, 2010 at 9:52 AM , Zuda Gay Pease said...

Sounds wonderful, Rita!! I love when the young want to learn from their parents and grandparents!!

 
On June 10, 2010 at 9:55 AM , MYSAVIOR said...

I love the interaction between you and your granddaughter. There is nothing like your grammy's cooking!!

 
On June 10, 2010 at 10:55 AM , sammysgrammy said...

I'll have to get her recipe for dirt pudding, PDF.
I just think it's so delightful that she is a "chip off the old block".

 
On June 10, 2010 at 11:25 AM , Vicki said...

Sounds like a great recipe. I love the recipes that were handed down to me from my mother, grandmother, aunt and now SIL. It is like handing love down to the next generation and knowing that it will go on and on.

 
On June 10, 2010 at 2:14 PM , sacra vim said...

Sweet! You are such a good Grammy. :)

 
On June 10, 2010 at 2:33 PM , Vanessa said...

This recipe sounds perfect! I love meatballs :D

 
On June 10, 2010 at 7:26 PM , J Honda said...

Wonderful!! Thank you for posting so that we can share the joy!! Grandmas (and granddaughters) are great....gifts from God :D

 
On June 10, 2010 at 8:22 PM , Donna said...

I love the way you wrote out this recipe!!
Can't wait to try this one :)

Oh, and MangiaMangia is one of my favorite Italian restaraunt's in Key West! They make all their noodles from scratch!! So yummy!! :)