Dad's Treehouse Personalized --11 x 8.5 Print by sweetb

One thing I struggle with in my business is planning ahead for holidays and events. In our business it's important to be on top of things so we can plan new items, order supplies and remind our customers of deadlines.

I'm usually more of an "in the moment" girl. I know there are others like me out there so I'm trying to help us out by giving a little calendar reminder. I'm including Christian but also Jewish Holidays as they are relevant for Christian history (and I find them interesting). If I've forgotten any major holidays (and it's likely with so many countries represented on our team), please leave a comment.

Maybe I'll remember to order a Fathers Day card from Etsy this year on time . . .

May
Birthstone: Emerald
Flower: Lily of the Valley


15 Armed Forces Day (U.S.)
19 Shavou'ot (Feast of Weeks-Jewish)
21 Ascension Day (Christian)
23 Pentecost (Jewish/Christian)
24 Victoria Day (Canada)
31 Memorial Day (U.S.)

 ~:~  ~:~  ~:~  ~:~  ~:~  ~:~  ~:~  ~:~

June
Birthstone: Pearl
Flower: Rose

** Graduations
14 Flag Day (U.S.)
20 Fathers Day (U.S.)

 ~:~  ~:~  ~:~  ~:~  ~:~  ~:~  ~:~  ~:~

July
Birthstone: Ruby
Flower: Larkspur or Water Lily

 1 Canada Day
 4 Independence Day (U.S.)
14 Bastille Day (France)
30 Tisha B'Av (Remembering the destruction of the Temple--Jewish)


by Sue of SueRunyonDesigns

Comments (3)

On May 15, 2010 at 10:47 AM , MYSAVIOR said...

I am what some call a "completed Jewish" person. I come from a long line of Jewish moms - Sophie-my great-grandma- Edith-my grandma and of course Sylvia-my mom. I love the Jewish Holidays.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On May 15, 2010 at 10:12 PM , pfd said...

It is nice that you have given these to us and if I was not one of those in the moment kind of people I would take full use of it. And I do have a little fascination with Jewish holidays too.

 
On May 15, 2010 at 10:40 PM , My 7th Heaven said...

Thanks for the list of upcoming holidays! :) Great post!