Introducing Christie of LuvnCrafts
By Anastasia of mattscraftywife


-Name:

Christie

-Shop name:

www.luvncrafts.etsy.com

-Introduction on me:

I am a stay at home, homeschooling Mom to 6 and wife of 13 years to hubby Brad. I enjoy all kinds of crafts, but especially crochet and card making. I have been a follower of Christ since I was 5. Our family enjoys crafting together and camping, hiking, etc. We raise chickens and enjoy gardening.

-How I got started on Etsy:

I make cards and crocheted items for friends and family as gifts. People have said I should sell my crafts. But I really enjoy giving them away more! I had crocheted some baby dresses or a friend when she had her first baby. And she told me about Etsy and said I should set up a shop. My daughter, age 12, does beadwork, and wanted to sell her jewelry. So, I set up a shop so my daughters and I could sell our things.

-How a typical day looks for me:


HA! CRAZY! LOL No, I get up around 5am and have time with the Lord. Then I get on-line and answer e-mails and do Etsy stuff. Then the children get up around 7:30-8am and we eat breakfast. Then we have morning devotions. Then homeschool. Here and there I do housework in between teaching, etc. Usually, all the school stuff is done around 2:30pm (including grading work, etc. Then hubby gets home at 3pm. That's when I do more house work, talk to hubby, work in the garden, etc. Start cooking dinner around 5pm. After dinner clean up and crafting/ relaxing/ gardening, whatever. At 8pm everyone gets ready for bed, and we have our evening book reading and hubby read the Bible aloud. Usually we are in bed around 10pm.

-If I could be anywhere in the world for one day, where would it be?:

With the Lord, or right here with my family.





-My favorite Bible verse?

WOW! Too many to just choose one! Proverbs 3:5-6 is one... "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight" -My favorite Etsy item listing to feature?

These cards my daughter made:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=36993344




-URLs to where else we can find me on the internet:

http://www.thehomeschoollounge.com/profile/Christie495 http://http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/dawnrising
Tho I don't post much one either....no time!!



Check out Christie's shop and give it some love if you haven't already!

Comments (12)

On March 4, 2010 at 9:20 PM , pfd said...

Hi Christie,
So nice to have this virtual meeting with you! Your day puts me to shame. May God continue to bless your family and your faithfulness.

 
On March 4, 2010 at 9:37 PM , Donna said...

Wow, Christie!!! What an amazing Momma you are! :)
I love that you homeschool all your children and they craft with you too!!! :)

 
On March 4, 2010 at 11:19 PM , Sue Runyon said...

So great to learn more about you, Christie!

 
On March 4, 2010 at 11:30 PM , Vicki said...

You are a busy lady! Sucgh fun to get to know you better.

 
On March 4, 2010 at 11:34 PM , sacra vim said...

Christie! So nice to meet you finally! :)

 
On March 4, 2010 at 11:39 PM , cksilver said...

Loved hearing your story Christie! Continuing to pray for your family.

 
On March 5, 2010 at 5:24 AM , Julie Riisnaes said...

Christie great to see you and hear about your family and walk with God. Great verse choice!
Love Julie
Silk N Style

 
On March 5, 2010 at 10:51 AM , My 7th Heaven said...

I have "met" christie via convos and snail mail, and she is a wonderful person. I'm blessed to know her!
(((Christie)))

~Anastasia

 
On March 5, 2010 at 11:25 AM , Princess Daffy said...

So nice to "Meet" you Christie! What a busy and wonderful wife and mother you are-dedicated to your family, just as it should be :o)

Blessings to you!

xoxo, Daffy

 
On March 5, 2010 at 11:38 AM , button said...

So nice to see you and learn a little bit more about you. What a precious little one you have!
:o) button

 
On March 5, 2010 at 4:32 PM , GracedLace said...

So wonderful to learn more about the woman behind the name! When I first joined CAST, Mattscraftywife was one that I interacted with, from time to time! ♥ Beautiful!

 
On March 7, 2010 at 7:34 PM , Steph said...

Hurray! <3 these meet n greet posts so much!