Psalms 27: 3-4
When besieged, I'm calm as a baby. When all hell breaks loose, I'm collected and cool.  I'm asking God for one thing, only one thing: To live with him in his house my whole life long. I'll contemplate his beauty; I'll study at His feet. The Message Bible

I can only imagine what it will be like in heaven to sit at the feet of God the almighty.  No more sin, no more tears, no more strife, no more problems.  What a glorious time that will be.

We don't have to wait for heaven to sit at the feet of God.  He is asking us to do that now.  When all hell breaks loose in our life we can be as calm as a baby, if we sit at His feet.

Or we can look at our troubles, be worried and anxious. This is our choice.

 
https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/Biblecalligraphy?ref=shopinfo_shophome_leftnav
I was talking to a lady in our church who was lonely. She wanted to invite ladies over for lunch.  She loves to cook.  As soon as she told me this she said, "But the ladies are too busy and they have husbands. They won't want to come."  Was this the truth or her fear and insecurity?

A pastor once told me if you want to have a friend you need to be a friend.  In other words if you have a problem than do something about it, don't complain about it.  This lady is lonely because she is afraid to make friends. She is not sitting at the feet of God soaking up God's truth and strength like Paul did.

Philippians 4:11 And I am not saying this because I feel neglected, for I have learned to be satisfied with what I have. Paul who had been beaten, tossed into prison, whipped, shipwrecked had learned to be content.  He went from persecuting the church to sitting at the feet of God.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/songmountainfineart
Fear of our circumstance keeps us from living our whole lives in the house of the Lord as calm as a baby, no matter what happens in our lives.

Fear is nothing more than False Expectations Appearing Real.

Do you have a fear that is keeping that is preventing you from sitting at God's feet?


Comments (4)

On April 13, 2015 at 9:16 AM , Anonymous said...

Wonderful reflection, Joyce. Thank you for such timely words. I loved this: "Fear is nothing more than false expectations appearing real". NellywithWings.

 
On April 13, 2015 at 12:21 PM , Karen O'Lone-Hahn said...

I had a little scare last year with my mammogram and getting in alignment with God and "sitting at his feet" was the only thing that really held me together.I felt His presence with me the whole way, assuring me that everything would be ok and it was..

 
On April 13, 2015 at 7:56 PM , bananaorangeapple said...

words of wisdom, thanks Joyce.

 
On April 14, 2015 at 5:48 AM , sammysgrammy said...

Thank you, Joyce, for sharing these insights with us. Certainly a good and encouraging word.