It is interesting to see how we go through phases and stages of life.
It is quite evident when talking to our ladies at church about
what would be most helpful and supportive to them.

Some are looking for lighthearted relationship building fellowship
in which talk of the Lord just comes as a natural part 
of the experience and growth of relationships.

Others need regular and structured Bible study.

Over the days, weeks, months and years of our lives
I think we can all relate to both approaches.

I am going to get to participate in both groups.

So on Friday afternoon four of us met to begin the study of 
The Psalms.

Our hostess and leader began with a study of Psalm 145.
It was so special.
It is a poem filled with praise and so much more!



It speaks of our Heavenly Father's attributes of 
graciousness, compassion, righteousness, goodness and mercy.
Of His provision for our needs.

One generation will share with the  next the wonderful
things we know about the Lord.

It reminds us to praise daily.

We will sing His praise.
Oooh...as a musician I love this.
In my world there is no better way to tuck amazing truth
into my memory than to put them to music.

The riches of a single Psalm merely scratch the surface of the encouragement 
and knowledge available to us in the Word of God.
I look forward to sharing this journey with these friends over the next year.

If you are in this stage of life and are feeling the need to 
share scripture with friends that you would seek out those
who are feeling as you do.
It is very worthwhile and allows us to see things through
other's eyes that can be very, very helpful to us.
Your input will be helpful to your friends as well.

Fellowship.
It is a very important part of our Christian walk.

Allow me to share my favorite portions from this Psalm.

v.8,9
The Lord is gracious,
 and full of compassion; 
slow to anger, 
and of great mercy.
 The Lord is good to all: 
and his tender mercies 
are over all his works.

v.14
The Lord upholdeth all that fall, 
and raiseth up all those 
that be bowed down.

v.18-21
The Lord is nigh unto 
all them that call upon him, 
to all that call upon him in truth.
 He will fulfill the desire of them 
that fear him: 
he also will hear their cry, 
and will save them.
The Lord preserveth all them that love him: 
but all the wicked will he destroy.
My mouth shall speak 
the praise of the Lord
and let all flesh bless his 
holy name for ever and ever.

I hope these words are sweet to your heart.










Comments (2)

On March 16, 2015 at 9:36 AM , Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Sitting here this morning just looking at some things in my shop and saw your post. As I read through it and the verses that you chose to highlight I was really touched in my heart, and amazed as always of God's nearness. Vs.18 is special to me, as only God knows, ... and there it was again this morning ... a reminder of my God's nearness to me, that He does hear me and sees the needs I present before Him. thanks!

 
On June 12, 2015 at 10:47 AM , the butlers pottery said...

Well put Becky. A young couple from our church have just moved out west. I was talking to him about it, God had moved us like Abraham, too. It was so refreshing to talk on the same spiritual level with someone going through what I've been through. We need all types of fellowship, but being on the same spiritual level is very uplifting.
Thank you for writing this.