For years I've written a journal of my thoughts, prays and concerns.  One day as I was writing in my journal I noticed how relaxing it was for me. Since no one would read it I wasn't concerned about my spelling, punctuation or if it was legible.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/ELOUISEUK?ref=l2-shopheader-nameIt is quite different when I write a blog or this devotion.  I reread it several times before I push the publish button. I want it to flow smoothly, with proper grammar and correct spelling, because others will be reading it.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/ELOUISEUK?ref=l2-shopheader-name

This can be  a lot like our lives.  When we are alone or with people we are comfortable with, do we care what we say, how we act or if our language is appropriate. Yet when when we are in the public our language and behavior might be different. In church we might behave especially good. 


If we don't think some of our behavior is appropriate for church, why do we think it is appropriate to for our family, close friends or when we are alone. 

God isn't a god who just sees us in church.  He sees us all the time.  One day I was in the shower and realized he even sees me there.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/TheCharmingMagnolia 

Psalm 139:1-   God, investigate my life; get all the facts firsthand. I'm and open book to you: even from a distance, you know what I'm thinking. You know when I leave and when I get back; I'm never out of your site. You know everything I'm going to say before I start the first sentence. I look behind me and you're there, then up ahead and you're there, too-- your reassuring presence, coming and going. This is to much, too wonderful -- I can't take it all in! (The Message Bible)

God created us and knew all about us before we were conceived. He didn't bring us into the earth to leave us alone.  He is always watching over us, his pride and joy.  

Our goal is not to please people, but to please God who sees us all the time.

"Careful little tongue what you say.  For the Father up above is looking down in love, so be careful little tongue what you say. Careful little feet where you go...."  A popular Sunday school song with a lot of meaning to it
.

Comments (1)

On March 9, 2015 at 9:19 AM , ifrog crafter said...

AMEN! There are no secrets from God.