Jeremiah 29:11  I know what I am doing. I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

My father has always said get a job you enjoy doing because you will spend most of your life doing it.  He loves animals and has been a farmer all his life. Even when he retired from his lively-hood of raising chickens and pigs he joined the rare breads club and bought a handful of rare sheep, black chickens, white ducks and assorted other animals. Last winter, at the age of 91 he decided his physical health didn't allow him to walk to the barn for chores so brother took over. He has lived his life with peace and contentment because he loved his work.  
https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/SusanWindsor
Unfortunately Mother, had more of an influence on me. She was raised during the depression and feared poverty. Having a job to support you was more important than being contented.  Despite that I spent my youth daydreaming and wanted to go into the arts I took a construction technology course.  I was told to get my head out of the clouds, get grounded and an education where I could make money.  

For a few years I had construction jobs and the next one became worse than the previous one.  I was frustrated and not happy.   

Then along came God and told me to quit construction for he had a better plan for me.   I became a stay at home mom and God began to reveal things about me that I did not know. 

In 1994 I took a folk art painting course and wondered what I was doing there since I believed I had no art talent at all.  

Then God gave me an interesting dream.  I was in a room painted yellow, with an art critic.  My art work was on the walls and the art critic  was complementing it.  


My Painting of My Dog Lacey
The only art I had done was cute bears and flowers from patterns, not this art work.   I asked God what this meant and he said to forgive my mother for criticizing my painting and I would be blessed.  The interesting fact was, I started folk art painting 6 months after she died.  How could she criticize my art?  God knew best so I forgave her. 


I was tired of painting someone else's design in  folk art.  I join and art club and took an art lesson.   My first painting I did was a picture of my dog on the frozen lake.  As I painted this picture I was amazed that I could do it and wondered where this talent had come from.  God showed me that as a child I helped Mom paint, paint by number oil paintings.  I didn't stay in the lines and she would yell at me and tell me I couldn't paint.  This put a curse on me and told my child mind I had no talent.


The paintings gave me the confidence to do pottery and then paint on the pottery.  Having more confidence I decided to do something I wanted to do as a teen, play the drums.
https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/RyensMarketplacehttps://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/RyensMarketplace
When it was time to learn pottery, art and the drums the supplies and teacher was there when I needed it.  God knew I needed these and he provided them.

If I wasn't a Christian I don't think I would be doing my joy and my passion.   No more frustrations and anguish. 

God is an awesome God.  He created us before the beginning of time and he created us all with different talents and gifts.  Our gift to him is to do what he has planned for us, for God cares for us and has a plan, a hope and a future for us.  

If you are struggling with a direction to go ask God, he'll direct your path as long as you have the faith to follow.   A word of warning, Satan won't like you getting out of bondage and for a time will attack, but the battle belongs to the Lord.

Comments (4)

On February 9, 2015 at 6:49 AM , ifrog crafter said...

Beautiful post. Thank you for sharing your story.

 
On February 9, 2015 at 12:06 PM , sammysgrammy said...

How He knows us and loves us and has awesome plans for us....strikes me me awe. Your experience is a perfect illustration of this.

 
On February 9, 2015 at 4:36 PM , Anonymous said...

O wow, I am super inspired by your post. We have similar begginings in the things that we love to do, except I wish Daddy God would me to quit what I am doing (also construction-related), to focus on becoming an entrepreneur. I would probably be REALLY scared, though. I love how you let Him lead you into forgiveness and release of your talents. Thank you. NellywithWings.

 
On February 9, 2015 at 8:09 PM , the butlers pottery said...

I'm glad my life can help others.