John 15 5:6

I am the vine, you are the branches. When you're joined with me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. Separate, you can't produce a thing. Anyone who separates from me is deadwood, gathered up and thrown on the bonfire. (The Message Bible)

Distractions are a part of our life.

 I head downstairs to get meat from the freezer for dinner.  My freezer is in my pottery studio.  My tools are still sitting unwashed on my potters wheel.  I wash them, then wash my wheel.  My bucket of clay water needs to be dumped out, so I dump it out.  Brushes are every where, I put them away. And the list of distractions grows. My distractions are done and I come upstairs without my meat. Back downstairs I go to get the meat.

The downside was that I had to make 2 trips to get something for dinner.  What is the downside when distractions get in God's way for us?


https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/DestashBin

When God has asked me to do something and distractions take me off His path my branch is no longer connected to the vine.

A distraction almost came last month.  Years ago I believed I had no talent, but God said otherwise.  Therefore my passion is to release people into their creativity as He has released me into mine.  Recently I've had a burden to start a creative art club in our church, for fun and to help release people into their creativity.

This idea excited me, then the distractions came.  What if no one likes it and comes? How do I do it, I've never done this?  What if I'm not good enough? Do I have the time, I'm a very busy person?

I have a choice I can follow God and stay attached to the vine and be blessed or I can ignore God, listen to the what if's and go my own way.  My branch would become deadwood and tossed into the fire. The blessings for me and others would not happen.


I choose to start an art club in our church. 

Distraction --- Have any?

Comments (2)

On December 8, 2014 at 8:16 AM , ifrog crafter said...

AWESOME post! Thank you! Have been in those shoes & thankful that i listened.

 
On December 8, 2014 at 12:10 PM , sammysgrammy said...

Such great illustrations. "to obey is better than sacrifice..........."