When I finally got around to trying out this recipe, I awarded it four stars. I served it for lunch along with soup to my "out of town" weekend guests. It was so delicious and easy to put together that I decided in advance that that it would be my "go to" recipe to make for all the "dish to pass" events that occur around the holidays.

It is not a sammysgrammy "original". I honestly don't remember where I printed it out from but it did have a url on the page. I'm including it here because I want to give credit where credit is due.
 http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/user/1281051/recipe/spinach-and-ricotta-pie

After my company and I all shared a lovely lunch, there was still half left over. I was jumping for joy. That meant that I could have luscious leftovers for several meals. I warmed a slice at a time in my toaster oven so that it would stay crispy and not get all limp and mushy in the microwave.
The measurements are in metric but I (completely technically challenged) figured it out. I'm sure the Americans reading this will be able to do so, as well.  I did receive some handy tips from other sources. #1 is defrost the phyllo in the fridge. It always wants to be cold. #2 Drain the ricotta, in the fridge,  overnight, in a fine sieve over a bowl (you want it as dry as possible) #3 same with the spinach - drain it to remove all liquid (finally putting it in a clean dishtowel and twisting it until it's as dry as possible.


Shared with you for this holiday season by sammysgrammy.  Now it's ready to assemble and bake. Bon appetit


Comments (6)

On November 18, 2014 at 10:30 AM , Unknown said...

Oh that looks so yummy!

 
On November 18, 2014 at 10:39 AM , Anonymous said...

I love that recipe. I am definitely going to try it. NellywithWings.

 
On November 18, 2014 at 4:10 PM , Unknown said...

That looks so good. I could use some now :-)

 
On November 18, 2014 at 11:39 PM , KarenW said...

Delicious! Thank you for sharing.

 
On November 19, 2014 at 1:11 AM , Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

One of my favourite meals (and my family's too)!

 
On November 20, 2014 at 3:47 PM , Sue Runyon said...

Looks delicious.