Today is an interesting day for me.  It is the last first day of elementary school for my youngest child, the last first day of middle school for my middle daughter and the last first day of high school for my oldest two kiddos.  Each on of them are in a transition year which means my husband and I are also in a transition year.

As I think about their individual journeys, as well as our corporate journey as a family, I am full of mixed emotions.  I am so proud of who they are becoming and yet I am filled with the thought that there was so much more I wanted to be able to do for them and provide for them.  I am tempted to over examine each failing I have had as a parent when God gently reminds me that my kiddos are really His.  He always has their best interest at heart and He has the ability to redeem my mistakes and use them for my children's good and His glory.  He reminds me to do my best and not to beat myself up by comparing it with someone else's best.

And my heart felt prayer becomes "For Your name's sake, O Lord, Pardon my iniquity, for it is great." (Psalm 25:11 NASB) Redeem the times I have missed the mark as a parent to them. Bless them beyond measure. Help them to build a solid life in You, may they begin with my best as their foundation and be wiser and more gracious than I have ever been.

God wants to be involved in every situation in our lives, from our jobs to our marriages, from relationships with our parents to our relationships with our children.  He waits for us to invite Him in and then He does what only He can do, turns our messes into messages and tests into testimonies, offers grace and mercy for our sins, redeems our mistakes, and loves us more deeply than we can often fathom.  Whatever life holds for you today, challenges, transitions, celebrations, know that God loves you and wants to bless you. He is just waiting for you to say "come on in Lord".

Silver Forest Arts


"Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me." Rev 3:20 NASB

Many blessings to you today!
Cherry Fargo
Being ReMade (formerly Cherry's Creations)


Comments (3)

On August 25, 2014 at 9:37 AM , Lizzi said...

What a lovely thought. He can redeem our mistakes and make them beneficial stepping stones for our futures! Thank you!

 
On August 25, 2014 at 1:48 PM , the butlers pottery said...

My Redeemer. I've sung this hymn lots. Singing it is one thing, know it is more. Thank you for this devotion.

 
On August 31, 2014 at 7:59 AM , Sue Runyon said...

What a sweet post, Cherry, and a lovely family. Thanks for the food for thought.