It is our pleasure to introduce Ira Rott of IraRott and IraRottPatterns as this week's Featured Artist. Ira designs photo props and crochet patterns from her home in London, Ontario.

Introduction to you: I am a Knit & Crochet Designer, living in Southern Ontario, Canada. I've been knitting and crocheting since middle school, learning from my mom, grandma, and great grandma. This amazing tradition had been passed on from generations in our family.
 
bunny rabbit baby hat photo prop by IraRott
Bunny Rabbit Hat for Babies
 
Special Offer: Comment below for an opportunity to win one free pattern - please include your favorite item from either of Ira's shops in your comment if you would like to be entered in the giveaway. **Any 1 pattern from IRAROTTpatterns shop (will be sent by email) --> https://www.etsy.com/shop/IRAROTTpatterns?ref=si_shop**

classic teddy bear hat handmade by IraRott
Classic Teddy Bear Hat

How did you get your start on Etsy? : Several years ago after I moved to Canada, I started selling my handmade items at the local craft shows and that's where I first heard about Etsy. I opened my IraRott Etsy Shop in 2009 and a few months later I decided to open a separate shop for my patterns.
 
How did you choose your shop name? : My shop name is my maiden name.
 
penguin hat and sleeping bag set for babies photo prop by IraRott
Penguin Hat and Sleeping Bag Set
What does a typical day look like for you? : Every morning I start with getting ready packages and printing shipping labels. Then I enjoy my cup of coffee, check emails and answer customers questions. In fall & winter time I usually start working on my orders right after lunch to make sure that I reach my goal making 2-3 hats a day. In spring and summer I have less hat orders and more time to design patterns ( 6-8 hours a day ) , I love working with Adobe Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop creating my PDF patterns.  Every evening I enjoy watching TV shows and crocheting.
 
funky butts knitted monkey pants by IraRott
Funky Butts Knitted Monkey Pants

If you could be anywhere in the world for one day, where would it be? :
In Ukraine to see my Mom & Dad.
 
What is your favorite Bible verse? : 1 Corinthians 16:14 "Do everything in love."
Moxi & Roxy the Red Forest Foxes Hat Pattern

What is your favorite Etsy item listing to feature? :  One of my best latest designs is Moxie and Roxy the Red Forest Foxes Hat Pattern, that I designed in summer 2013.

Where else can we find you on the Internet?

Comments (6)

On December 4, 2013 at 11:25 AM , Unknown said...

Oh wow! I have loved this shop for awhile and never even realized you were on CAST! You have the most adorable stuff :)

 
On December 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM , Unknown said...

Oh! Forgot to post this... I'd love to be in the giveaway.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/157090633/new-pattern-moxie-and-roxy-the-red

 
On December 4, 2013 at 3:53 PM , Lizzi said...

So many cute things! Too bad I couldn't read a pattern if I tried.

 
On December 4, 2013 at 5:04 PM , Anonymous said...

My grandma taught me to crochet when I was little and I'd love to pick it back up again. My kids would love one of your hats. It'd be a great chance for me to re-learn. Really glad I saw this post and your shop - it's adorable!

 
On December 4, 2013 at 6:04 PM , KarenW said...

Love just about everything! My future grandchildren (don't have any yet) will just have to have that penguin set pictured here. Don't enter me in the contest though because I can't crochet.

 
On December 4, 2013 at 6:17 PM , sammysgrammy said...

Your shop is so beautiful. Love the watermarks and photo props. Hard to pic fave but this would have to be it:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/157090633/new-pattern-moxie-and-roxy-the-red?ref=shop_home_active