It is our pleasure to introduce Jackie Krzenski of Pursuation as this week's Featured Artist.

Jackie creates elegant purses in a number of different styles from her home in New Mexico, as well as sewing for her two other Etsy shops EdenBrook and EdenSpring.

Special offer:
A cell phone sleeve.  Buy one get one free! – fabric of my choice.  link below -
https://www.etsy.com/listing/164301381/cell-phone-sleeve-iphone-sleeve-galaxy?ref=shop_home_active

*Please message me before purchasing!!  Let me know you are a CAST member and what colors you would prefer (if I have them) and I will be happy to set up a special listing for you!!


lace fring gypsy romantic shabby chic purse by Pursuation

Introduction to you:
I am a wife and mother of 2 grown daughters, and Grandma to two of the sweetest little cutie pies on the face of the earth!!  
My husband and I have been married for almost 27 years.  We have lived most of our lives in New Mexico.  
My grandma taught me to sew when I was 13.  She was a wonderful and patient person who taught me a craft that I have used my whole life.  If you go to my shop, you will see in most of my photos a dressform (mannequin) that I use to display my purses and clothing. I have affectionately named her Mary Ruth – in honor of my late grandma.  She’s a wonderful helper – and she never complains! – much like my grandmother was!!  
I’ve tried a lot of different crafts but always come back to sewing.  I absolutely love to create something from nothing, and give it my own personal touch.  Most of my purses are not “mainstream” purses.  I have some pretty eclectic looking things – but for me, each one is a work of art.  I take a lot of time designing and making each one.  My purses allow me to be creative which I believe is a very important thing for people to experience.  And so far God has blessed me with success at something I truly enjoy doing.


cowgirl gypsy fringe purse custom order by Pursuation

 How did you get your start on Etsy?
I got started on Etsy because my oldest daughter found it (Etsy) while looking online for vintage toys.  She told me about it and said  “Mom! You have to check this out!”  I did, and was immediately hooked!  What a treasure trove of things – all in one place!

How did you choose your shop name?
Choosing my shop name Pursuation was one of those moments you never forget.  I knew I wanted to make and sell purses – and I wanted a one word name that made the shopper go “Woa – that’s kind of cool – and a little funky”!  - Which is basically what my purses are.  I was thinking of all the words that have the word Purse in them.  I was rattling off words like - personality, personification (way too long), etc.  And then I thought of the Jane Austen novel “Persuasion” and the little light bulb went off!   I changed the spelling to Pursuation and knew in that moment that that name was absolutely perfect for my shop!  - By the way, I have actually had people message me that I have “misspelled” my shop name!   I guess they never actually went into my shop and looked around at what I sell!  


shabby chic romantic purse with roses by Pursuation


What does a typical day look like for you?
Lately my typical weekday is made up of first thing in the morning putting the house in order – laundry, vacuuming, and whatever housework needs tending to.    And then I go into my work room and look at what is next on my Etsy order board.  On average, I have anywhere from 3 to 7 custom orders to fill from all of my shops combined.  I definitely stay busy!!

Weekends are reserved for family.  We either go see the kids and grandkids, or go for a ride in the mountains.  My husband and I love to go camping, hiking, and ride ATVs and motorcycles.

Native American themed gypsy fringe purse by Pursuation

 If you could be anywhere in the world for one day, where would it be?
I think it would be either Ireland or Scotland.  I have always felt a certain pull when I either read novels or see movies that are set in either of those countries.  It makes me wonder if my ancestors are from there.  I hope to find out one day.


What is your favorite Bible verse?
Phillipians  2:13 - “For God is working in you, giving you the desire to obey Him and the power to do what pleases Him.”  (NLT)

That verse has held special meaning for me for many years now.   It literally set me free!  It is up to God to do His work in me!  Not for me to try to be holy or perfect or whatever I set up in my own head that I think I “should” be.  He will actually give me the desire to obey Him!!  Even in the worst of circumstances.   When I don’t feel like forgiving someone who hurt me deeply – God will be faithful and give me the desire AND the POWER to do it!!  What a relief!! It is not up to me!  It is all about trusting God to be WHO HE IS!!  And He is always always faithful.



shabby chic lacy romantic oldfashioned purse by Pursuation


What is your favorite item to feature? My favorite Etsy item to feature is whatever current new purse I’m working on.  Each one is unique - truly one of a kind, which is why I enjoy making them so much.

Where else can we find you on the Internet?
You can visit me on Etsy at –
and
http://www.Edenspring.etsy.com
You can also find me on Pinterest at –
http://www.pinterest.com/mamaspantry/boards/
(I’m not on Facebook)  
Thank you for your time – and I hope you will look for God’s blessings today – they are all around you! J

Comments (1)

On November 22, 2013 at 8:46 AM , Sue Runyon said...

It great to find out about you, Jackie. What fun purses!