I have a new friend at church and have had a wonderful year slowly getting to know her and her fiancĂ©. As their wedding day approaches and the preparations are being made for the parties and gatherings and then the wedding and honeymoon I was reminded of the verses I spoke at my wedding. It is the most common passage recited at weddings and called the “Love” verses in 1 Corinthians 13.
For some reason, as I read over the first 3 verses they stuck in my mind and stayed with me.
1 Cor 13:1-3 (NKJV) 1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
I noticed that three times this phrase was used “if I do not have love” I also noticed the result following that phrase in each verse: I am a sounding brass or a clanging cymbal, I am nothing, It profits me nothing.
And again, three times, the Lord points out His new commandment to love in: John 13:34 (NKJV)   A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
What God revealed to me through these verses…He does not get the glory if we have not love. Thankfully the following verses tell us how to love and reminds us that: 1 Cor 13:8a Love never fails & 1 Cor 13:13b the greatest of these is Love

Let us live those love verses in 1 Corinthians 13 and be a light for all to see, be the crowning Glory of our Lord, a Sweet Smelling Aroma.



                   Lord

Light of the wOrld

                     SaVior

                       JESUS

Have a Blessed Day
Happy Thanksgiving
Julia
JT Designs
www.juliatellier.etsy.com

Comments (1)

On November 25, 2013 at 5:27 PM , Unknown said...

One of my favorite scriptures. I want to love like that. :)