Blessed are the pure
I doodle while I'm taking notes during church service and I've found that I actually hear more deeply and with more clarity the message and it's meaning.
On this particular night this verse, which I've read before many times, jumped off the page. It set my mind to thinking so many thoughts that I couldn't keep up with them on paper, so, I just wrote the verse down simple and plain.
What did it mean? What is being pure in heart? and what did it mean to see God.
Those two questions rolled around in my mind for days after I wrote down the verse.
Blessed, I love that word, who wouldn't want to be blessed and for what? for having a pure heart; a heart that is set apart for His purpose...and the reward?, "for they (you, me) shall see God."
Oh, how my heart lept in my chest reading those words, what a wonderful reward, one that I am anxious for and look forward to. One that encourages me as I walk through this life, that at the end of it I will see God. A lovely promise, one that is of the highest value.
I love how Steven was written about in Acts 7:55 regarding this view, just before he was stoned to death
"But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God" (NKJV)
I pray that you are encouraged today with the promise of this Beatitude.
How does this verse speak to you, comments are welcome and encouraged.
Blessings,
Julia
JT Designs
www.juliatellier.etsy.com

Comments (2)

On August 28, 2013 at 7:31 PM , Cynthia said...

Julia,
I love this verse, too! I believe that those who long to see Him, take so much joy in reading the Beatitudes, as they offer comfort and solace. I also love your wording, "Oh, how my heart lept in my chest reading those words...." Wow! I can feel it, too! Blessings!

 
On August 28, 2013 at 8:32 PM , sammysgrammy said...

if something is pure, it is genuine, real, nothing strange or profane in it - no guile. Innocent, like a small child. "Create in me a clean heart, oh, Lord and renew a right spirit in my..........."