Written by Elisabeth of aronadesigns
Today we have a very special guest as our Wednesday featured artist! The shop is run by a mom and son team, and the son (age nine) will be answered our questions! Please welcome Greta and Nathaniel Schumacher!

Name:  Nathaniel Gregory Schumacher
A little about myself:  I love nature—I am a nature geek.  I am a very good artist.  I work with Mom and I am her little helper.  I love animals; I have a cat.  I make clay crosses with my hand print.  Mom basically makes the crosses and I hold them and make my hand print in them while I say a prayer.  I live in Northern California.  I like to draw and paint, make domino buildings and bridges and knock them down.  I have my own Bible; and I pray every night before going to bed and make an effort to go to church every Sunday.  I make necklaces and bracelets for kids. I am a very loving and caring person and I would never hurt a fly.

How I got my start on Etsy:  Mom ran across Etsy as a customer not as a seller, and she saw that there were a large amount of Christian themed items on there. And that’s how she got started with Etsy. When Mom started her own business, I asked her if my business could be called Prince Charming and then from that time on, once we got started and settled down, we used Etsy.
How did you choose your shop name:  First Mom decided her shop name and then I got a name in my head that I thought would ring a bell every time.  I called my part of her business Prince Charming.
What my typical day looks like:  Well, first it starts off with good sleep.  Then I wake up and sometimes take a shower and wait for breakfast to be prepared and then after my lunch is prepared and my water bottle is filled with fresh water I put it in my back pack and head out the door to go to school where I have a full day of learning.  Then I come back home at 2 PM and do homework while Mom does things she has to do and she helps me sometimes.  And then after I have dinner, I get ready for bed which the steps are: brush, special medicine, pajamas and then if I want I wash my face.  Then I get all snuggled up under the covers and Dad reads to me.  And then we say a prayer and I get some milk to drink and then I fall asleep and get good rest for the next day.

If I could be anywhere in the world for one day:  The beach
My favorite Bible verse:  Psalms 23: 1-6, The LORD is my shepherd.


My favorite Etsy item listing to feature:  Everything
Thanks for allowing us to feature you Nathaniel! Everyone please go check out his shop and come back and comment with some feedback :-) 
And the winner of our last Wednesday featured artist post giveaway is Lorrie Esposito! Congrats! 

Comments (8)

On July 10, 2013 at 10:34 PM , Julia Badgley said...

Great work, Nathaniel! I especially liked hearing about what your typical day is like.
Keep making things!

 
On July 10, 2013 at 11:35 PM , bananaorangeapple said...

What a great blog post. I like the way you say a prayer over each cross that you make.

 
On July 11, 2013 at 12:20 AM , The REAL EverSewSweet said...

Great job, Nathaniel! I love that you pray as you work. I love cats! Does yours sleep with you at night?

 
On July 11, 2013 at 6:31 AM , Unknown said...

Enjoyed reading about this Mom and son shop. Love the hand print cross - keep up the good work Nathaniel and don't stop praying as you work!

 
On July 11, 2013 at 8:53 AM , sammysgrammy said...

Nathaniel, how thoroughly cherished you are - you must be sooooo special.

 
On July 11, 2013 at 9:50 AM , MYSAVIOR said...

You certainly are a Prince Charming. LOVE the shop!

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On July 11, 2013 at 11:11 AM , (Ri)Charmed said...

Cute!

 
On July 12, 2013 at 1:08 AM , sacra vim said...

Oh, what a fun interview! Thanks for the great post, Lizzi!