From Sawdusted


I have learned so much from my mother about
faith, prayer and life with Jesus.
Many a day while I was growing up I would head
back the long hall to my bedroom and catch sight
of her on her knees in her room at the very end of the hall.
She was kneeling by the side of her bed,
Bible in front of her.

Mom did not do this for show.
She was pouring out her heart to her Heavenly Father
about this thing or that.
I'm very sure that my brother and I made that 
prayer list regularly.

As a Pastor's wife she never lacked for things 
to pray about.

Recently my mother gave a talk about trusting Jesus.
During this talk I was reminded of an event
that happened when my oldest, 
now 22, was about three years of age.

Mom and Dad were taking Jonathan to a puppet show
at a local church.
The parking lot was icy.
Dad was carrying Jonathan when his feet flew out 
from underneath him and he felt himself falling.
Instinctively Dad wrapped Jonathan in his arms and 
took the entire force of the fall on himself
keeping Jonathan one hundred percent safe
but quite scared.

As they gathered themselves and attempted to 
soothe Jonathan he looked up at his Grandad 
and stated accusingly, 
"I trusted you!"

In other words...
"How could you let me fall????"

Well, 
Isn't that just how we are?
Our Heavenly Father doesn't always keep us from 
falling but He always has us in His arms.
He is protecting us and shielding us
from anything that is not in our best interest
and His glory.

These days I am quite needing this reminder as two 
of our children are about to leave the nest.
One, my baby girl, is headed to the Australia and Thailand
for five months...
"Dear Lord, I have to trust in You.
Hold her tightly."

If all goes as he plans our middle son 
joins the Army tomorrow.
I am so proud of him....
but terrified for his safely all the while.
What mama wouldn't be, right?
But my need to trust Jesus has increased yet again.

This passage is my goal...
not yet my reality:

Surely the righteous will never be shaken;
    they will be remembered forever.
They will have no fear of bad news;
    their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
 Their hearts are secure, they will have no fear;
    in the end they will look in triumph on their foes.
Psalm 112:6-8 NIV

Is there anything in your life 
that challenges your trust in Jesus?

He IS worthy of our trust.
No question.

The results might not look as we expect or hope
 they will...... but His arms never let us go.

Hugs, 
Becky - Good Neighbors Candle 

Comments (6)

On June 17, 2013 at 7:59 AM , MYSAVIOR said...

More times than not, God shows me how he holds me. Sometimes, the results are not how I would want. Of course, that is the part that scares me. I know that at this point, I am weary of worrying and have laid most of it at His feet.

Good goal, Becky. I will follow.

♥♥♥
Sue

 
On June 17, 2013 at 8:30 AM , Crafty Mommas said...

Lovely post Becky, I will keep you all in prayer.

 
On June 17, 2013 at 11:37 AM , Rafael y Nelly said...

Lovely post, Becky. I recently discovered the scripture in Palms 112 and it has been a treasure to hold close to my heart.

 
On June 17, 2013 at 1:48 PM , Mary Lamoray said...

Great post! Love that scripture... strong, encouraging and full of comfort...

 
On June 18, 2013 at 9:24 PM , Unknown said...

Becky, what a wonderful devotion. It spoke to me in a very intimate way, and showed me that I do need to trust in the Lord with everything, even when it isn't what I had envisioned. I always keep in the back of my mind Isaiah 55:8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,”declares the Lord.(NIV)and wait to see what He will bring even when I don't see it.
Thank you for your encouragement.

 
On June 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM , BonJeanCreations said...

Beautiful and encourageing words Becky. May our precious Lord shower you and your family with blessings!